• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Most accurate spring rifle?

You might want to do a search in this forum. Many topics about this subject to choose from. To help you narrow down the search, here are some names;
  1. Air Arms TX200
  2. Air Arms ProSport
  3. Weihrauch HW97
  4. Weihrauch HW77
  5. Walther LGU
  6. Diana 48
  7. Diana 52
    [/LIST=1]
    All underlever or sidelever air rifles with fixed barrels, which tend to be more accurate than brake barrel rifles.

Are you sure about that @spysir? This is what I recently shot with my (tuned) TX200 at 50 meters on an ISSF-50 meter target, a group of 30 shots all within 21mm. I shoot competitions with match air rifles and rimfire match rifles, but group sizes like these from a springer make the eyebrows raise from even the most experienced competition shooters. ;)

a1796c5e87d9a39ad00ee2711ddcdf20.jpg

"DeutschKSK"I haven’t had a springer in about 8 years or so.. I’m looking to maybe get back into the game. What are some of the most accurate spring rifles to shoot? I have my eyes set on a HW97 with vortek kit, HW30, or HW90. Open to suggestions! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I just took the plunge myself and I went with the Weihrauch HW 97kt I will be adding a Tinbum Pro kit in to smooth it out and I will also be polishing the piston. I will also add the Tinbum kit to make the moderator quieter. The other rifle I strongly considered was the Air Arms tx200 which has a beautiful walnut Stock available. I wound up buying the rifle from Krale in the Netherlands the HW was about $200 less than the Air arms delivered. If I decide that I like the spring scene the list that Jonnes put up will be what I would consider. 

7aa311fc98bb644d56c17776e132e838.jpg
I have been shooting my Anschutz 380 lately , once I mounted a Hawke scope on it. 10 yards and 25 yards will but the pellet in the same hole. Crazy accurate. I tried the same with my AA TX200 , and couldn't quite do as well. Then with my Walther Rotek in .22. Just about the same as the TX200. The Anschutz 380 is a shooting dream. Considering selling the AA TX200 , as the Anschutz does a better job.

"DeutschKSK"I haven’t had a springer in about 8 years or so.. I’m looking to maybe get back into the game. What are some of the most accurate spring rifles to shoot? I have my eyes set on a HW97 with vortek kit, HW30, or HW90. Open to suggestions! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have tried many (R7, R1, pro sport, hw97k, hw30), all in .177, and my favorite and most accurate springer has been my hw97k. The hw97k just fits me best.

For all of the higher quality springers, IMHO the real differentiating factor is the skill of the shooter. A well setup tx200, hw97k, hw98, rws54, fwb300, etc......in the hands of a skilled shooter can achieve pretty incredible accuracy.

Good luck choosing.

R

The only experience I have of shooting a quality springer is with the Air Arms TX200 MKIII, only because I own one. Because you’ve specifically asked about accuracy, I am going to skip the part about its finish and build quality, which I think you will not be disappointed in.

Accuracy is relative, primarily because it is a function of the skill of the guy behind the trigger and how well he knows his rifle. When I say how well he knows his rifle I mean that the person knows what the preferred pellet and technique is that allows for accurate shooting.

Really briefly, shooting a springer is not entirely different than shooting a PCP. Both require good marksmanship and, most of all, a strict adherence to consistency. Especially with a springer, it is critical that the shooter be extremely diligent in being consistent. The reason being that the movements that the rifle imparts upon its firing cycle are greatly magnified than on a PCP, so there is no room for error.

Understanding the above, the TX200 is a splendidly accurate gun. Once you find the pellet it likes, you will be amazed at how it is able to hold its own against high-end PCPs at up to 50 yards. Nevertheless, I’m positive that the Weihrauch models you mentioned are just as accurate as the TX200, provided you have the skills to shoot them to your standard of accuracy/precision.

Good luck in making a decision!

Of my personal springers:

Air King 54 in .22 The only springer I have zeroed at 50 yards but because of size and weight more of a bench gun for me. It is the most powerful springer I own at 20 fpe. I can shoot sub inch groups at 50 yards with this thing and I am not a match shooter.

Beeman R9 in .22 I would have to say my favorite springer because it's so nice to walk around with this elegant, light air rifle, but I am still capable of shooting dime size groups at 25 yards with enough power to be lethal on small game. The Rekord trigger is the best springer trigger I own. 

With that said my brother's TX 200 in .22 is an awesome under lever springer that he shoots very will with best fit and finish to bar none. 

There are other very accurate springers out there but I am going on my personal experience with what I have shot or own.

My collection includes FWB 300, HW97K (16J) and Walther LGU (16J) all in 177 caliber.
​For 10m indoors - standing position, FWB 300 is like shooting a PCP.
​For field target - sitting position, Walther LGU out of the box without modifications is the most accurate (and softer shot cycle than the HW97K) out to 55 yards.

I’d like to say it’s 80% shooter and 20% rifle. It would be the same if I was playing golf with the best clubs money could buy and I was playing against Tiger in his prime and he just had a putter and a wedge . You know who would win that also. 
But what it really boils down to if your having fun and enjoying shooting. I know many shooters who love shooting but are poor marksman.

"Brian10956"I’d like to say it’s 80% shooter and 20% rifle. It would be the same if I was playing golf with the best clubs money could buy and I was playing against Tiger in his prime and he just had a putter and a wedge . You know who would win that also. 
But what it really boils down to if your having fun and enjoying shooting. I know many shooters who love shooting but are poor marksman.
Absolutely!