• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

More Shots per fill Mod Advise.

More shots per fill mods.

​I am new to large bore PCP GUNS, I have a P`Rod .22, I get lots of shots per fill,It is back yard friendly and it does well for Pigeons and Rabbits and such.
I just sighted in my new Bulldog .357... what a blast! however I am 55 years old, Ret Fire Fighter & I a bit beat up.
​I had to pump the gun every 5 to 6 shots I don't shoot it below 2000 psi because it is about 100 pumps to get back to 3000 psi again.

I need some advice on inexpensive high psi tanks and more shots per fill mods or regulators.
I would appreciate any help.
​I have read bits about some tightening or loosening/tuning? something on the gun?
​Also mods and regulator jargon needs to be REALLY dumbed down,remember I am new to this, most abbreviations yawl use, I have now idea what your talking about and have to google a lot of stuff said here, and sometimes google has no idea.
​I reload Fire arm ammo and am versed in fire arm lingo.

​I copied this from a post it might as well be in another language.
​'' I went from 10 shot per fill to approx. 28. With a 3800psi fill, 18 regulated at 120ft-lbs, and 10 more usable unregulated".
​??????? Regulated? 3800 psi fill?? How??? 10 more unregulated??? what???

​I thank you again for your time.
​Dave
​ 
​ 

Oh ya, fun. Keep gooling your doing all right.
Really want a translation I'll try tho he does post here I believe ( saw his site say's medical problems right now?). But keep in mind things can be translated differently and you may well need yet additional oxygen ( NEVER put that in your airgun) due to my thoughtful (?) help(?). Hey and I'll try.

"I went from 10 shot per fill to approx. 28."
and he has a easy access to machining and such, very nice.
so to get 28 shots he:
replaced the airtube with a longer custom airtube, so MORE total air volume + more shots

"With a 3800psi fill"

YOU can NOT safely do this with a factory airtube. - think custom , or, have an adapter made for the crosman airbow airtube with regulator - seems less costly?

A regulator do not give any more shots in any way, they make your extreme FPS spread tighter. A 10fps ES is common for regulated rigs. 
Huma make a reg, most want $150 for any huma reg ?????????? then you would need to drill a 2mm hole in your airtube or pay for the work.
Can you live with less power? Which is the only way to really increase shot count/decrees air use. If so you could install a smaller transfer port, lighten striker/hammer spring and a couple of other low cost thing, or go for a reg.

You were a Fireman, Scott pacs ( SCBA ) are THE ticket for filling these things, I would not consider a big-bore ( these days) w/out air at home or a ready fill for a SCBA tank. Used to hand pump biugbores but that got old after just 5 or so years. Tiny bores is where it's at with airgiuns, took me 10 full years to get my first tiny bore, you just might enjoy 50 yard MOA groups at 1-2 pump strokes per regulated shot. I also own a bulldog..

John

Dave, Get one of your buddies at the fire dept to get you a 4500 psi tank. Then all you need is the fill valve and hose which is available on ebay. If you can get the guys to fill it to 4500 psi for you, you will probably get several fills on your gun before you have to get it charged again. My tank would fill your gun from 2000 to 3000 probably 15 times before I needed a refill. And scba tanks are about the same size as mine.

Hope that helps. I'll post a couple of links for tanks if I can find them.

Crusher

Very good stuff Crusher,Thank you!
​I will do that,.
Do you think there are adapters for the tanks from the fire scba tanks?
Thanks
Dave

​And thank you QQ for your insight, I'm in Arkansas a lot(family) and shoot 300+ pound pigs with 17 hmr ear shot, also raccoons and beaver with my henry 357 with 38s, sorry I did not list everything I shoot.
I will also shoot nuisance squirrels with the bulldog.
​Got a big back yard, the long moderater came, I shot it, and it's gonna be backyard friendly... niehbors are about 200 yds away in all directions.
​BTW...I have thought long about just sticking to the .25 marauder. But the bulldog has so much potential, and is so damm fun!!
​I will look long for a compressor ,but refuse to pay more than a few hundred,I have a mechanical enginering degree and cant wrap my head around some of the ridiculous prices out there... I'll find one, prob used.
Dave