• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

More Betterer Cold Blue

Nailed it...that's funny too!

Sorry Joe, I didn't see your little ignore this arrow, I was looking to the right and didn't see it until I watched your video a second or third time.

As usual, another great, informative video. I'm going to have to try some of that stuff on an old Remington 722 .257 Roberts that my grandfather gave to me years ago. I love the gun, it's one of my favorites for hunting close range for the smaller Blacktail deer we have out here in Nor Cal. The finish is a little rough and this might make it look good again. Great tip. 

I love your videos and just couldn't resist messing with you a little bit about the background movie. I could care less but had to give you a little poop! All in good fun. Have a good one buddy! 

Stoti

Thanks Joe. The last 300 I bought has some pretty deep gouges in the barrel shroud and weight and will need to be refinished. I've thought about a plum brown finish but it would be a ton of work stripping everything and I'm not sure how well it would look finished. IMO not much prettier than a nice piece of walnut with a beautifully blued rifle in it.

That turned out very nice! I love the look of it. The B/C Perma-Blue usually takes me 7-8 coats to even out. Then I hose it down with Rem-Oil and leave it sit for 2-3 days, wiping once lightly after day 2. I'm 5thinking now of giving it 5-7 days to dry, then rubbing down lightly with a soft cloth to remove what looks like lamp black. The coat it with Balistol to better seal the surface over time? Less rubbing with oil might equal better longevity?