• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

MKI deep

I run across this from time to time. 25 4 Exact Kings. Externally all dimensions are the same, weight is the same and seam to shoot the same. 

20171022_162119.1625499885.jpg

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/is-jsb-heavy-mki-now-jsbheavy-mkii/

JSB isn't making the .25 King Heavy MK1 the same anymore(with deep cavity, and thin wide skirt). Pavel(manager of JSB factory) claims the difference in the two has only ever been a slight difference in the width, but as many on AGN have DOCUMENTED, that isn't true. The "new" MK1s look(and more importantly, SHOOT) like MK2s. 

Sad

Skirt diameter and cavity depth. And no, I don't think JSB makes the King Heavy (Mk1) anymore. Although they have gotten good at the big lie saying that in fact they do and the only difference is skirt diameter. Fact is the skirt diameter on the Mk2 and the Mk2 in King Heavy tins are identical. It’s sad because most .25 polygonal barrels shoot the King Heavy better than the Mk2

I guess I’ll just shoot what I have at matches then until they are gone. The Mk2 shoots ok but is less accurate for me. But the worst symptom is that out of 25 shot card, they throw one or two fliers 6” from poa. That could really cost you in a match. 
I guess it is coming down to changing caliber. 

Crusher

I’ll end up converting my DW from .25 to .30. I really like the .25 shooting King Heavy but JSB isn’t making them anymore and the gun isn’t accurate enough with the Mk2.