• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Mixed bag pest session

Got up too late today so the action was kinda slow. But man was it beautiful outside! Three days ago we were -2 outside and today it is going to be 60. Just crazy.

Anyway I didn't get to the farm until 9:15 and right off I noticed there weren't many birds around. Just a few starlings and sparrows. I started picking off a few of them and after about a half hour I saw some pigeons coming in to land. I knew they would land on top of the silo so I pointed my gun there and waited. After a few minutes they landed and the white one gave me a clear shot to its chest at 50 yards. The 14.3 CPUM at 990 fps did its job and down he came .

The other ones flew and landed on top of a grain leg farther away so I moved into position for a shot. This shot was going to be 75 yards and my first shot hit right below him and scared them off. They flew around and came back to give me another chance. I connected and down he came.

After a little while I noticed another one on top of the silo looking at me so I got in position and lined him up. I only had a view of his head and neck but I felt confident I could make the shot. Hit him perfect and he fell into the roof between the buildings with a loud thump. Couldn't retrieve him though.

I ended up with three pigeons, five starlings and a bunch of sparrows. I retrieved a few for the obligatory pic.

All in all not bad for an hours session. It started getting windy and the birds weren't landing as much so I headed for home.

Gun is a Career 707 II .22 Carbine shooting Crosman 14.3 gr Ultrmags at 990 fps +-.

And topped with a UTG 3x9x32 mildot scope.
1549209676_4181063115c57104c0492e9.69144556_20190203_095831.jpg

Reactions: Hugo619
A Buddy and I bought Carrer 707 II`s on the same say. Had Steve at PAG do his wheel mod to both guns. Love how you can lower and raise the power. One time while dove hunting there were 10 doves on a wire about 25 yards away. I was under a small hay shed, and hiding. The mag was full of CP 14.3 gr pellets, the Center Point 4-16x40 was on target. The quiet piece was on and I shot 1, then 2, then 3, then 4, and continued shooting until all birds were on the ground. I got my limit in under 30 seconds. An amazing gun.

I bought it last year on the yellow forum . I just placed a wtb ad and had 3 or 4 to choose from. This one was like new and I knew it was the one I was looking for.

I've owned several of these plus several Sumatras over the years. Just plain awesome guns. They shoot a wide variety of pellets very well and can go from 300 fps to over 1000 with a click of the power wheel. This one is a keeper.