Met a fellow airgunner at the post office today 8/5/15

That's awesome! I've been going around to all the people I know, begging them to shoot my Disco. Everyone that does loves it, but they always ask the same question. "Why would I spend that much on a pellet rifle when I could buy a .22 for the same price?"

I go through the benefits of shooting a pellet rifle (safety, accuracy, challenge) and the cost of pellets. I guess I wasn't meant to be a salesman, because I haven't heard back from any of them.

Jeff, I should have remembered WV, thanks for reminding me.

CaptMoonlight, I run across the same reasoning with several of my fire arm gun buddies. I just thought they would be fascinated as I am over these air guns? I've got one buddy in particular that I've been working on hard. My only air rifle that interest him is my .50 Dragon Slayer. I'm hoping to get him to go on a coyote hunt with it ;-)

But I did luck out and totally create an airgun monster with my buddy Paul. He is even more of an airgun aficionado than I am now! I invited him over earlier this year to shoot my air rifles. Can't remember if it was January or February? But his first purchase was a .177 Daystate MK4. He shot his first Field Target match with me in March. He's shot in 4 matches already this year. I've only shot in two. He's retired I might add ;-)
He bought a .177 Disco so he can learn how to tune them. Put a regulator in it, and an M-rod trigger group. He bought a .22 M-rod and sold it and then just bought an FX 400 this past week.

He's my claim to fame as far as spreading the addiction ;-) So, don't give up, keep spreading the airgun love, because there is always another one of us out there who needs this addiction and they don't even know it yet? LOL

Does Air Gun Nation have a "Map" where we can see how many air gunners there are across the country? I'm in the Salt Lake City area, and the guys at the local paintball shop where I have my tank filled said there were others doing the same thing. Who are they and where are they? Maybe a map with virtual pins could help us find other gunners?

Just a thought?

Thanks to the folks bringing us this site.