• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

May We Still Discuss Shrouds And Modifying Them?

I would say probably not. A shroud is the exact same thing as a mod. Its sole purpose is to reduce the report of the rifle/ pistol. it only attaches different So I would think discussing the modification of a shroud would be the same as a mod. Shrouds are used in the firearms industry as well the only difference is its called integrally suppressed. So again the exact same thing and exactly what the rule change was implemented to avoid.

Reactions: beerthief
I would say probably not. A shroud is the exact same thing as a mod. Its sole purpose is to reduce the report of the rifle/ pistol. it only attaches different So I would think discussing the modification of a shroud would be the same as a mod. Shrouds are used in the firearms industry as well the only difference is its called integrally suppressed. So again the exact same thing and exactly what the rule change was implemented to avoid.
There is no mention of shrouds in the new rule so we'll need clarification from the administration to be sure.

Rule #5 - *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.

This past Sunday Moderator3 said...

"Do discuss moderators to your heart's content.

Do not attempt to Sell, Buy, Trade or discuss the manufacture or adaptation of moderators. Do not blur the lines between Firearm and Airgun."

Rule #5 - *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.
A shroud is a moderator.

Do discuss moderators to your heart's content
Yes you can talk about the use of mods.

May we still discuss shrouds and modifying them
You are asking about modifying. A shroud is still a moderator same as ldc. It doesnt mater what name is used.

There is no mention of shrouds in the new rule so we'll need clarification from the administration to be sure.
Why dont you Pm a mod and ask this question?

@Michael @Moderator3

A shroud is a moderator.

You are asking about modifying. A shroud is still a moderator same as ldc. It doesnt mater what name is used.

@Michael @Moderator3
Because I put it in the place they created to ask questions about using this forum so that anyone can see the answer.
Edited to remove my negative comment to LDP. Maybe I took his comment the wrong way, I'm not sure but I should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Reactions: LDP
A shroud is a moderator.

@Michael @Moderator3
Negative. The discussion of creating or modifying any sound suppression device is no longer allowed.

Thanks

Reactions: LDP