• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Maxi Pellet Trap.

Very nice job! Do you hang it on a wall or post or set it on the ground? Have one of similar size. 16 inch mouth. They work great. The only drawback is they are very loud when the pellet hits them. I have been trying some different ways of dampening the sound. Currently I have some heavy foam carpet pad spray glued to the outside. Works decent, at least it doesn't ring like a bell any more. Still way louder than my guns though.

Reactions: Iceman
MY Best Pellet trap. Quiet, Safe, Cheep!

Instead of throwing away containers like my wife wishes I would, I thought of filling up a large container with p gravel (Some may call it screenings). I leave about 1” room for movement. It acts like dry jell. (It moves up till the pellets momentum if equalized, then encases the pellet.) Nobody knows I’m shooting cause it makes hardly “No Sound”. I have a .25 cal Edgun and I think it would work for higher cal. too. You might have to leave more space at the top, but it should work.

It lasts for ever, cause I use duct tape to hold it together and keep the p gravel from falling out. I rotate it as well. 

You can recycle the lead as well, just sift out the p gravel. You can also use the p gravel over.

The cons: if water get in and freezes, the pellet will bounce off, so be wise. Also don’t shoot in the top 1”area.

Heres a link if you want to see it in action. This is a partial review on a Gamo. My cameras kept freezing, I guess, or running out of juice. The whole thing is just a few minutes. But if you want to skip to “tip time” at about .48.
Hope it helps and you like it. If the below link doesn’t work “Google” edgun 1avid tips choose 1avid tips and tricks

"spysir" Nice trap, with the price of good lead esp. if shooting all JSB's or other fairly pure lead pellets it is worth recovering the pellets. Certainly which I had the gear and knowl;edge to weld.

John
Yea,
I do know how to weld, and I made a Nice trap, then I got my edgun… it didn’t last long and I was continually repairing it. It work good for 177 cal though, but it was loud. 

As you can tell I don’t through much away and with a few shakes over a screen, I’ve separated the lead, for my castings, and the screenings to fill up the next trap!
Hardly no cost! Recycle. I can buy more pellets!