• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Matt Dubber in trouble

This also illustrates the risk in advertising one's self on the internet - via FB, Instagram, Youtube, etc. A billion volunteers exhibiting things they may one day regret.

To what gain, exactly?

When I query active Facebookers (etc) why they don't worry that governments could use their exhibits against them, the usual answer is "I'm not doing anything wrong so there is nothing to fear".

Of course this is what many wealthy Russians thought in 1910, Jews in 1930 Europe, etc. IMO anything gun related (airguns too) entails such risk.

[email protected]

This is the email I sent. I'm not sure who his accusers are, only that he has asked for our help. Please feel free to plagiarize as applicable.

To whom it may concern: I have had the good fortune to have interacted with Matt Dubber over the past few years online and in person. Mr. Dubber is an incredible ambassador for shooting sports. He has posted many many videos of hunting and target shooting. He is a high-level competitor who has covered several continents. Mr. Dubber has always promoted legal and ethical hunting. Please take the time to get to know this fine young man, you will be enriched by his infectious and engaging personality and will likely learn something. Mr. Dubber is also very dedicated to God. While this may seem an unrelated subject, knowing that a person's core values would be violated by acting in a certain manner should provide a measure of trustworthiness and reliability. Mr. Dubber has a long history of helping others outside of the shooting sports. I would request that you resist the urge to print, publish or otherwise forward information which may not be fully verified based on hearsay or conjecture. What may be a short-lived media story could have long-lasting and profound unintended consequence for a person who has put so much focused effort into doing good things for farmers, sportsmen and the environment.

Good luck Matt....hope you’re well.
I’m with hawkeye69 and Lewis...curious! I can find no information other than what’s on this post. The news article was informative, as I would expect my local news paper to report. No accusations or conspiracy there. Just news.
About the videos being removed, I have no idea. There might be a logical explanation. I’m not going to expect the worst this early in the process.
The danger of posting online! Ted Bier and his videos got me into airguns again. Ted is a smart, inquisitive, problem solving, educator with an abundance of well earned talent. He has earned his success. Im grateful when Ted releases a new video, especially after the way he has been treated by segments of our membership. That’s free speech.....it’s great. Hopefully Matt’s situation is an overreaction to ignorant free speech. Facts are facts only when verified. 

Good luck Matt,
may you skin be thicker than mine.

"Redtide"I've been going through South African news articles and haven't come across anything concerning Matt Dubber. This doesn't mean I haven't possibly overlooked something. Like everyone else I'm curious as to what to the details are and hope it all works out for Mr. Dubber.
Someone else found and linked an article on the first page.

"Maineiac"
"Redtide"I've been going through South African news articles and haven't come across anything concerning Matt Dubber. This doesn't mean I haven't possibly overlooked something. Like everyone else I'm curious as to what to the details are and hope it all works out for Mr. Dubber.
Someone else found and linked an article on the first page.
Did you read the article? It says nothing of him.

I got the impression from the video that it was a letter to the editor kind of thing with people lining up against him. Also, he said that he had gotten death threats. It might be that the media itself has not accused him of anything but that animal rights activists have been sending him hate mail and writing in to the local papers. Maybe he is taking down his email address reference because they are inundating it with hate. I don't know if your searches encompassed letters to the editor but you might find something there. And, who knows what kind of stuff was coming into his email and facebook. Incredibly unfortunate that someone like him has to go through this sort of thing. I sent my letter to his email address but I'm thinking now that I need to send it directly to the local papers. Also, he mentioned that he was heading off to Patagonia so, radio silence for a bit.
Peace friends,
Andy

My letter, FYI.

To whom it may concern:
I am a hunter. However, I do not like hunting tv shows or youtube videos with one or two exceptions. Matt Dubber's videos are the exception. The reason I like Matt's videos is because they display hunting practices of the highest ethical standard. And, more importantly, a respect for the hunted species that goes beyond words but is easily felt by anyone who shares the experience of hunting.
As long as hunting is a legal activity, there will be a need to provide modeling of ethical practices and attitudes for young people who will hunt. I can think of no better role model for young hunters than Matt Dubber. His emphasis on proper caliber and shot placement, his relationship with the land owners whose property he hunts, his advocacy of eating what you hunt are all there in his videos for anyone to see.
You may disagree with hunting as an ethical pursuit but you can not argue that Matt Dubber is an unethical hunter. It simply is not true and anyone who takes the time to actually watch his videos will know this.
Sincerely,
Andy McLean, USA

"Andy"I got the impression from the video that it was a letter to the editor kind of thing with people lining up against him. Also, he said that he had gotten death threats. It might be that the media itself has not accused him of anything but that animal rights activists have been sending him hate mail and writing in to the local papers. Maybe he is taking down his email address reference because they are inundating it with hate. I don't know if your searches encompassed letters to the editor but you might find something there. And, who knows what kind of stuff was coming into his email and facebook. Incredibly unfortunate that someone like him has to go through this sort of thing. I sent my letter to his email address but I'm thinking now that I need to send it directly to the local papers. Also, he mentioned that he was heading off to Patagonia so, radio silence for a bit.
Peace friends,
Andy
This is what it is.

Just google the name of the guy in the article. First result is his facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/arnoldslabbert

Scroll down his page till you get to the 1/16 post with the falcon. Open up the replies and you will see the accusations and such.

M guess is Matt has himself made the videos not view-able at this time.

"intenseaty22"I just read all comments on that post. Don’t think I saw a single thing about Matt. Could be that I overlooked it, but didn’t see a thing.
Not sure how you could have missed it. Not sure how to post links to FB but here are some screen shots. Can't imagine what they were posting on his vids or sending to him.

7de83bd05f12ad4165578d04e8be09d5.jpg

5e3750493cb9d4ddc6f9e9e85aa1217b.jpg

b2136f5e9e30b60d84694694cb9caeee.jpg

14bee337c8fa2e710636fdac63c39550.jpg