• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Math question

Anyone know how to calculate this?

example: How many fills of rifle would I get?

125 CF tank, 3000 psi

Use a booster pump to re-compress the gas to fill a 300 cc tank on rifle?

So I would be using approximately all the CF in the tank.

When I convert 125 CF (volume) to cc, I get an insanely big number which makes me think I am doing something wrong, even then dividing that number by 300cc (gun reservoir volume)

Any help appreciated

dan

it depends what you shoot down to if u shoot down from 3000 to 2000 86 fills if you shoot down to say 1800 psi about 96 fills , You cant shoot to 0 psi this is what i think it is alot who must be a big tank mine is 88 my big one

thanks, Are you using a booster to get down to 1800 or lower?

Is this just your experience or is there an equation that gets you to these numbers?

Either way, it seems to be good news

dan

125 cubic feet is the compressed volume. 300cc is the uncompressed liquid volume. A 125 cubic feet bottle at 4500 PSI has a liquid capacity of about 12 litres. I've got no idea of how much of a cubic foot 300cc is but it may give you something to amuse yourself with if you have the correct inputs for your equation. I won't even bother to ask of what use you would have for such useless information.

125 cubic feet is the compressed volume. 300cc is the uncompressed liquid volume. A 125 cubic feet bottle at 4500 PSI has a liquid capacity of about 12 litres. I've got no idea of how much of a cubic foot 300cc is but it may give you something to amuse yourself with if you have the correct inputs for your equation. I won't even bother to ask of what use you would have for such useless information.

I think what he's asking is how many fills will he get from a boosted 3000psi. 125cu/ft tank filling a 300cc gun. To that i have no clue. Might call Brancato and ask him. None of the available fill calculators have any "boosted" data. Also, he wouldn't be running his tank empty as the booster has to have a min. psi input.

I am trying to see the cost effectiveness of getting a nitrogen tank and booster and trying to get almost all the gas from the tank before refiling it. I don't think I can source a 6000psu tank but might be able to get a 3000 one

If I have done the math correctly (big IF), and figuring in some wasted air; I come up with 56 fills.

This is using a 125 cubic ft nitrogen tank filled @ 3000psi to feed (regulated down to 125) into a shoebox compressor/booster to fill 300cc reservoir to 3000psi. Again, not 100% on the math on this.

......and just as I finish typing this I realized that I might have calculated filling the reservoir from 0 psi each time. Damn....

If I have done the math correctly (big IF), and figuring in some wasted air; I come up with 56 fills.

This is using a 125 cubic ft nitrogen tank filled @ 3000psi to feed (regulated down to 125) into a shoebox compressor/booster to fill 300cc reservoir to 3000psi. Again, not 100% on the math on this.

......and just as I finish typing this I realized that I might have calculated filling the reservoir from 0 psi each time. Damn....

I think you are very close. I have been corresponding with Tom at Shoebox and after some back and forth he came to the same number. So a 200 CF tank would give about 95 fills. Where to safely store tank, can't be inside, and a few other things to contemplate

thanks to all who chimed in

dan