• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Matador R3 & R3M Great Choice

I have owned 2 Matadors for over a decade. I shoot them all the time pesting and target shooting. I find them extremely reliable, durable with little maintenance. They are easy to work on with very few parts. Since I haven’t owned that many other airguns I can’t say for sure how they compare. However, I have seen my shooting buddies have significantly more issues than I ever have. I have been extremely impressed with Matadors. Happy hunting.

I agree; I love the Leyla and Matador and Leishey for all my hunting and pesting needs! They are tough, accurate, and dependable. My 1st Matador is single shot .25 but it is marked .22—hope it becomes a collector’s item 1 day—-I was told the early ones had issues getting imported to USA so they were mislabeled on purpose. I find the Edguns to be awesome for shooting offhand which is 80% of the time for me.

Here's an R3 single shot that's at least 15 years old that was sent in to EDgun. The video's title says "12 years old Matador" but the video was made 3 years ago. It's funny how this airgun started the whole bullpup craze.

Turn on the English subtitles...

https://youtu.be/lxmdYPE2pnA

It's also interesting that the Matador is used for Ted's Holdover logo. Someone correct me if I'm wrong if he still uses this logo. I was also interested in the R3 back when they were hard to come by and fetched a price tag of $2K which was out of my range. Sure, there are a lot of better guns being made these days as with everything else moving forward. Actually, the word "better" might be subjective depending on how you perceive it because it works for you. I have to admit, I like the simplicity and nostalgia of the R3. 

62dbedaf1caf4bd962e7ea8a7811dfd0.1627206098.jpg

Absolutely love mine! It is my go to pester. Actually took this massive raccoon on Monday morning with it( raccoon took 2 chickens, so this was personal!). Was popping starlings this morning too! Its an r3 single shot and is a .25 that's labeled as a .22 with the huma reg and power plenum addition. Shoots the king heavies at 890 with amazing accuracy for 40 shots. Here's my precious!

IMG_20210719_075510.1627224043.jpg
IMG_20210705_071615.1627224043.jpg
IMG_20210703_065126.1627224044.jpg