• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Marauder Wood Stock

mrod stock boyds.1613748576.png

Beech, for sure. I had a MK1 Mrod and thought the stock was so ugly, I had to reshape it. I don't know why Crosman can't make more eye appealing stocks. When I re-shaped mine, I took a pound of wood off it. After re-shaping, I tried to stain it, but the type of wood and the grain just wouldn't accept an even finish. Therefore, I sprayed it with truck bedliner paint.

Mrod old and new.1613751362.jpg

Beech, for sure. I had a MK1 Mrod and thought the stock was so ugly, I had to reshape it. I don't know why Crosman can't make more eye appealing stocks. When I re-shaped mine, I took a pound of wood off it. After re-shaping, I tried to stain it, but the type of wood and the grain just wouldn't accept an even finish. Therefore, I sprayed it with truck bedliner paint.

That is the before and after?

That is the before and after?

Yes.

Beech imported from Mexico as per Crosman. I refinished mine with tru oil. The finish from the factory was pure garbage. They tinted the top coat and sprayed which means as soon as the finish wears in the areas you handle it gets lighter. I also had a lot of chipping/flaking which left white spots as the wood is not stained prior to top coat. I contacted Crosman and asked to buy a plastic stock and they sent it to me free of charge as the rifle was only 2 months old. If you strip and refinish I recommend tru oil and an oil based aniline die mixed in the tru oil. Beech is not a wood that stains nicely in most cases.

I guess I stand corrected.

Not necessarily. Your info could be true as well. Apparently you can tell very easily by the serial number when the gun was made and as soon as the tech from Crosman heard the number he said it was made in Mexico which could be applicable to that build time which was only two months prior. My guess is they source from wherever they can find the best availability and price.