• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Marauder SAM chrony (factory setting) for 64 shots

I ran 14.3 grain crosman premier hollow points through the marauder SAM. I read that the regulator was set at around 2,000 PSI and found that to be true. So from 3000PSI to 2000PSI the rifle ran 64 consistent shots at 22-24 ft lbs. ES 24, SD 4. Pretty efficient. We shall see what it does when turned up to high power shooting heavier pellets

1598364054_6967995575f451996ef64a8.02907813.png

1598364055_8962154185f451997921247.94050601.png

I can say that out of that group of 64 shots [and the extra 8 or so off the reg] that I had about 4-6 "flyers" that were likely clipped *EDIT* in the auto-loading process*. I test shoot at 10m, and this one has been hole-in-hole at that distance with the cphp [if you saw my prior videos], so when they miss by 1/4 inch like those did I suspect clipping. All of them went up or up and to the right. HOWEVER, the flyers did not occur randomly but rather in two consecutively shot clusters of 3-4 pellets. Almost like it was working out a kink of sorts. 

Speaking of working out kinks, the more I use the mechanism [for the loading and unloading of the mag] the smoother it's getting.

Did you add a LDC to the SAM? The baffles and endcaps are made to handle 25 cal, with liberal openings 0.33"/0.325". With the velocity you are shooting at, should not be a problem. Close inspection of ID of endcap should tell you. If it is, suspect something like a missing O-ring on shroud spacer, or damage to pellet while cycling.

I'm personally interested in how 15.89g JSBs shoot at around the same velocity the cphp.

Nope no LDC added, it has a little pop but not bad I shoot indoors too. 

I should have been a little more specific that was referring to pellet skirt clipping in the during auto-loading process. My bad. I will check the baffles when I get home though just to make sure.

OK, that makes more sense to me. :)

The new mags have a slightly heavier spring compared to original mrod mags. I did find the older mags to sometimes have a pellet scrapping issue that caused flyers. It was more promenent with soft pellets', like JSBs. It was easy to diagnois the mags on a bolt action. Not sure if the SAM can be single pellet loaded.

I thought they might have changed to a mag style like what the Bulldog or CARM mags do. Each pellet is in it's own "tube", per say. The CARM also have the benefit of a anti-rattle O-ring.

Thx for posting that. It makes good study material comparing to Mrod G2 trigger assy. Looks like they retained the "Lawyer" spring, which most people defeat for lighter pull.

Looks like hammer stroke has been reduced, with hammer latch closer to valve. Sear is significantly different, and resets from hammer. No dirrect spring lifting it. The trigger blade is different and new lifter/disconnector, which might be what keeps it a semi.

I received mine last week and ran a string through my FX Radar Chrono. I wasn’t trying for a full shoot down to test max string, since I only have one magazine and its just a pain to keep refilling it. However I got pretty much similar results to those of Goodoldbvc. I don’t love the trigger. One long (but smooth) pull is what it feels like. I’m gonna try adjusting it later this week and see if there is a difference. Seems pretty accurate (at 15 yards in my basement) using the cheap Crosman 14.3 grain pellets.

Crosman 14.3 gr

Shot count: 17

Low: 875

Hi: 888

Avg: 878

Ft Lbs. 24.5

Spread: 13 1.5%

STD Dev: 3.7