• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Marauder .25 Gen 2 Tunes ??

i have just purchased a marauder .25 gen 2 and I love it, however I feel like my accuracy isn't as consistent as it should be. I sighted it in for 50 yards with the Eun Jin or whatever 34 or 35 grain pellets which seemed to work best with what I had. Long story short I'm getting one good group under an inch at 50yards but it doesn't hold. I'm thinking due to the fact I could only fill it to 2100 psi probably played a huge roll but figured I would ask the more experienced just so I know if I should be doing something else of what to look for. Let me know and as always happy hunting. 

Need to fill to at least 2800 psi to get a consistent spread. Might want to do a Chrony string and see what you have. I have mine shooting 25 gr JSB's at 844 fps. Those bigger pellets will be shooting a little slower. I would rec to stay with a lighter pellet to get more shots. Shooting those pellet at higher speeds might result in you getting only 8 shots. With the JSB's at around 820 fps on a stock Marauder you should get around 16 consistent shots. With a few mods you can get more shots. The Marauder has a smalll air cylinder and maxing it out for power results in few shots. Check out the Maruder forum for advise on how to best tune your Marauder for your use. I personally want more shots so I have mine tune at around 40 FPE shooting an average speed of 844 fps. Once you decide what you want to use it for that will determine the power setting. At 40 FPE, I can hit P-dogs at 90 yards. 

Are you shooting the EunJin pellets for a reason? You just want the heaviest pellet you can get?
My Marauder shoots the JSB Heavy and Beast very well at 50 yards. I have the heavy at about 800 fps and it is very accurate. And it will knock the snot out of a squirrel @50 yards.

I would be inclined to say yes that only charging to 2100 psi is not helping your case. If you charge to 2100 and shoot 1 mag (8 shots) and then recharge the gun, what happens? I bet that after 8 shots from 2100 psi, you are probably down under 1700, right? The next mag is trying to perform from 1700 psi down to 1300. I mean it CAN work, but with the 25, it just needs more air than that to push a heavy pellet like you want it to.

Hope that helps a little.

Crusher

"Mrod.25"i have just purchased a marauder .25 gen 2 and I love it, however I feel like my accuracy isn't as consistent as it should be. I sighted it in for 50 yards with the Eun Jin or whatever 34 or 35 grain pellets which seemed to work best with what I had. Long story short I'm getting one good group under an inch at 50yards but it doesn't hold. I'm thinking due to the fact I could only fill it to 2100 psi probably played a huge roll but figured I would ask the more experienced just so I know if I should be doing something else of what to look for. Let me know and as always happy hunting.
The one time I tried the Eungin pellets in my .22 marauder they made a grinding sound, which is no good. I checked my breech o-ring and it was a little chewed up so I stopped using those pellets and put a new o-ring in. Lesson learned....

My advice, and I'm just a novice, is to get a huma regulator for about 100 bucks and make your own SSG or buy one. With just those two items I get about 55 shots with JSB king exact heavy at 780fps. At 35 yards I can keep one hole groups and there is enough energy to down raccoons and woodchucks at 50 yards.

I can turn the speed up with the regulator, but the accuracy is so good and plenty power so I just stopped tweaking it.