• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Loose Side-Shot magazine :( :(

Yes,got the complete magazine kit. In the video,the mag is pivoting on the lock tab of the retainer bracket. Beautiful pieces and install was perfect fit. It's almost as if the retaining bracket is too big for the diameter of the magazine. Got me wondering if the .25 and .30 retaining brackets are different as they were shipped to me in unmarked bubble wrap bags with the rest of the order. Where the retainer bracket 'should' contact the left side of the magazine........is about a 1/16 inch shy. A tooth pick will hold the magazine in place if inserted at that point of contact. 

Yes,got the complete magazine kit. In the video,the mag is pivoting on the lock tab of the retainer bracket. Beautiful pieces and install was perfect fit. It's almost as if the retaining bracket is too big for the diameter of the magazine. Got me wondering if the .25 and .30 retaining brackets are different as they were shipped to me in unmarked bubble wrap bags with the rest of the order. Where the retainer bracket 'should' contact the left side of the magazine........is about a 1/16 inch shy. A tooth pick will hold the magazine in place if inserted at that point of contact.

Let me see if I can get Thayne over at Side-Shot to jump in.

The magazine loads from the bottom up. It surrounds the breech end of the barrel from the bottom, not from the side. It can’t pivot on the lock pin if placed in the Impact correctly. Watch the the Iowa Airgunner video again.

I’m assuming the magazine is not damaged and the caliber magazine matches the barrel caliber.

Once you load the mag correctly, it will make sense. It will be a DiNozzo moment,

I hope the kit has no defects and all ends well.....a large investment!

far_shot,

I've watched the video over and over. The mag seems to be properly engaging the spring loaded retainer as intended. The problem appears to be that the top of the mag is not engaging the rear of the barrel.

Put the gun on Safe. Cock the gun. Remove the mag. Then un-cock the gun. Once the mag is removed you should be able to see approx 1/8" of the brass end of the barrel sticking out into the magazine well. If the brass end of the barrel is not sticking out into the magazine well by approx 1/8", then your barrel isn't pushed far enough rearward into it's proper place. Simply loosen the barrel retaining set screw and pull the barrel out far enough that you can see the entire brass end of the barrel. Notice the tiny slot milled into the brass. By twisting the barrel you must align that slot so that it is straight down. Then gently push the barrel into the block until that slot fully engages the corresponding indexing pin in the block. It will engage with a "thunk". Now look in the magazine well and check to make sure that you can see the brass end of the barrel protruding out into the magazine well by approx 1/8". If it isn't, try again until it does. Once the barrel is properly installed, tighten the barrel retaining screw until snug. Then put the gun on safe, cock the gun, insert the mag from the bottom and push it straight up until it stops. Then move the lower end of the mag until it engages the spring loaded retaining clip. VIOLA!

Hope this helps

BeemanR7

BeemanR7...you beat me to it. The barrel IS fully seated in the breach block....but it is not protruding far enough to catch the cut out in the Side-Shot magazine. The grub screw has made only one witness mark on the barrel in one spot and the barrel will not go in any further past that grub screw marking. Apparently from the factory, the locating slot has not been milled in far enough. The original magazine will slide all the way through the opening and never contact the barrel face protrusion with the Side-Shot bracket in place of the original bracket. The original bracket would stop the original from going too far,but once in a while I had to wiggle it a little to get it the probe to close. I'm going to take the barrel out tomorrow and see what's up with that locating slot and hope I have a mill bit small enough to cut it in a little farther.As you can see from the picture,the OD of the barrel sleeve is not even flush with the breach face. Odd the factory never caught that on assembly procedures :( It all makes sense now :)

1544066436_999047265c089584b45256.53321432_xf.jpg

BeemanR7...you beat me to it. The barrel IS fully seated in the breach block....but it is not protruding far enough to catch the cut out in the Side-Shot magazine. The grub screw has made only one witness mark on the barrel in one spot and the barrel will not go in any further past that grub screw marking. Apparently from the factory, the locating slot has not been milled in far enough. The original magazine will slide all the way through the opening and never contact the barrel face protrusion with the Side-Shot bracket in place of the original bracket. The original bracket would stop the original from going too far,but once in a while I had to wiggle it a little to get it the probe to close. I'm going to take the barrel out tomorrow and see what's up with that locating slot and hope I have a mill bit small enough to cut it in a little farther.As you can see from the picture,the OD of the barrel sleeve is not even flush with the breach face. Odd the factory never caught that on assembly procedures :( It all makes sense now :)

1544066436_999047265c089584b45256.53321432_xf.jpg
Just as I suspected. Hence: "Try to push your barrel in another fraction of an inch."

#Glad you got it figured out.

~~~~~

Reactions: AirSupply
Problem solved! The breach block stop for the barrel is a small ball in the lower part of the breach block. The barrel locator slot is a short milled out "keyway". I slapped the barrel a few times and gained nothing. Took a razor and carved a small curvature in the milled slot to match the ball with 3 very small cuts. Barrel now holds both the stock and Side-Shot magazines perfectly. Pictures shows how much difference that little carving on the slot made for the fitment :) :)

Before and after at the front of the breach block:

1544163266_9838425295c0a0fc2c34584.32357444_orig1.jpg

1544162926_2934629535c0a0e6ec30b73.08179666_orig.jpg