• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking to upgrade. Hope yall can help :)

I am 32 and have shot a 2100 classic for decades. I am wanting something I can reach out to 100 yards with.

Specs I want are

6-8 lbs total weight
Quiet
low recoil
.22 or .25 cal

Hunting and plinking mostly. I do not compete.

I have no clue where to begin looking and I cant spend $1000 or more on a airgun.

Thanks guys

Randy

First you need to answer a few questions for yourself.

What power source, co2, Pre charged?
Quiet out of the box or with add on moderator?
How many shots do I want before a refill?
If I get a PCP do I want to charge with a hand pump or bottle?
Is there somewhere nearby to charge a bottle?
Wood, synthetic, traditioanal, tactical?
Open sights or scoped?

.22 pellets can be found in most stores if you're not picky on the brand. .25 will probably have to be ordered online.

yea a marauder can get out to 100 yards actually most guns cans its a matter of using the scope right but if you down tune the marauder for max shots it will effect that dramatically really as nice as they are your specs forces you into the higher price range guns unless you wanna try and tune and regulate some of the cheaper ones

a 50 shot with consistence gun is your rough spot in what you want
id say you might want to think more about 30 shots after that its just a simple refill and in makes your selection much wider

"airgunaddict"A Benjamin Marauder would be a good choice. Great for hunting
I think this is a good bet, but it wont do the 50 shots per fill. I did a bunch of research and was ready to buy one of these until I happened upon a few extra bucks and stepped up to a FX. There's lots of guys shooting these rifles at 100 yards, and most of them prove it can be done with good accuracy! The money is right and would leave you some room for a scope and a couple of accessories (pump etc).

"Eliteone2383"I am 32 and have shot a 2100 classic for decades. I am wanting something I can reach out to 100 yards with.

Specs I want are

6-8 lbs total weight
Quiet
low recoil
.22 or .25 cal

Hunting and plinking mostly. I do not compete.

I have no clue where to begin looking and I cant spend $1000 or more on a airgun.

Thanks guys

Randy

Though Marauder is a good choice for an affordable gun, it doesn't meet what he wants.

What I think best fits what Elite wants is this.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Hatsan_AT44_10_Long_QE_Air_Rifle/3390/6514

The price is good enough to get an air supply and a scope to go with it.

gorgatayea a marauder can get out to 100 yards actually most guns cans its a matter of using the scope right but if you down tune the marauder for max shots it will effect that dramatically really as nice as they are your specs forces you into the higher price range guns unless you wanna try and tune and regulate some of the cheaper ones

a 50 shot with consistence gun is your rough spot in what you want
id say you might want to think more about 30 shots after that its just a simple refill and in makes your selection much wider

Any suggestions?

Go for the Kalibrgun Cricket. It's a super gun. Shoots with laser accuracy at 100 yards. Can be stretched easily to 150 or 200 yards. Has good knockdown power. Is regulated. Low weight and bull pup configuration. Super quiet. If you willing to spend more than 1000 dollars I would suggest getting a gun which is super in all aspects and lasts for a long time. The cricket is that Gun. 50-70 shots per fill. Can be tethered easily to a scuba tank for endless shooting. Also the gun is very easy to tune. 

"Any suggestions? IF you want all the things mentioned in your first post, you will need to up you price a bit.
Yes a marauder can be used at 100 yards ( if the shooter is up to it and knows the rifle well), but like others say 16-20 shots - and a .22 would be fine- . if just plinking and some target work even a .177 will work. But between your desire for a plastic stock and 50+ shots per fill in a light weight rig even used you will either need to spend more money ( well you'll need to spend more money) and buy used from someone who really knew what they were doing setting up one of the Korean rigs.
And what's you fill source? Decent power + 100 yards + 50plus shots will very ;likely require a 3,600psi ( or more ) fill.
Naturally pre-charged rifles ( all of them except the largest cal.) have no recoil to speak off, just muzzle flip and hammer slap in a few.
Get your hands on a few to test out first, even if you have to drive a couple hindered miles you'll come out way ahead in the long run $$$ wise. And you may find you do not really need every requirement you think you do right now.

John

"Eliteone2383"
"airgunaddict"A Benjamin Marauder would be a good choice. Great for hunting

Will the marauder reach out to 100 yards? 100 yards is my max.
I shoot a .22 Discovery out to 100 yards. You probably wont be happy shooting paper at that range, but as far as pesting, it can be quite capable.

I think a 2" group is pretty reasonable at 100 yards in fair conditions. 2" sounds bad on a forum, but a starling is bigger than 2" :D For the cost, its hard to beat. If your not happy with it at 100yd's, move 25yd's closer and just pocket the other $750.