• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for the best tuning kit for my Weihrauch HW30S

Hi all, I was hoping you could help me choose the best tuning kit for my HW30S .177 cal. 

It has about a tin and a half through it and it shoots really nice. I have always wanted to try one of those tuning kits such as the Vortek or Maccari.

I am not really worried about increasing the velocity (maybe gain a little). I would like to make it as silky smooth as possible and of course increase accuracy/consistency. 

Any input on which tuning kits would be the best would be greatly appreciated.

Shoot straight,

Al

Hi all, I was hoping you could help me choose the best tuning kit for my HW30S .177 cal. 

It has about a tin and a half through it and it shoots really nice. I have always wanted to try one of those tuning kits such as the Vortek or Maccari.

I am not really worried about increasing the velocity (maybe gain a little). I would like to make it as silky smooth as possible and of course increase accuracy/consistency. 

Any input on which tuning kits would be the best would be greatly appreciated.

Shoot straight,

Al

Given your objective, Macarri all the way. I have used both and the Macarri kits produce a more mellow shot cycle and from my experience their springs last longer than vortek.

R

Shot a HW30 with a Tinbum kit. Was really impressed with it. Not a kit designed to increase FPS or FPE.

It makes the gun extremely smooth to cock, removes a great deal of twang in the firing sequence, and the FPS consistency was increased.

That's a new one to me. I wonder if it's mostly geared toward to European market and how it stacks up against the JM and Vortek?

Sounds like you have already ordered a JM kit but I would leave it alone and just shoot it. You have not got close to breaking it in. That rifle won't shoot any better with a kit in it.

A better, smoother, more consistent shot cycle could never hurt anything, which is why I don't just plan on swapping the JM spring and adding its guides, but doing an overall tune/polish. As Gadballs9 mentioned: 'makes a nice gun MUCH more pleasant to shoot." 

And I'll always have the original spring for (if) the JM internals wear out.