• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Looking for illuminated reticle SFP scope recommendations.

I have a AIRMAX 30 SF COMPACT 6-24X50 that at MSRP is under $600 that I have on my RTI PP 1. I use it with the .30 caliber barrel and shoot it out to 300 yards. It is an SFP scope. The IR is good and I do use it on overcast days as well as at sun up and sun down. I also have a Helix and know exactly what you mean! I have high end scopes as well as others with FFP, but this one seems to really agree with the RTI! And to boot I don't have "young eyes"!

Reactions: Nvr-Enough
I also own and like my Athlon Talos 6-24x50 but it is well below your price point. You might want to look at a higher priced and presumably better Athlon line. The Talos is a 1 inch tube but I was surprised that the elevation and windage adjustment range was greater than some of my 30mm scopes. I think it's a nice scope. Reticle is pretty fine but being SFP at least it doesn't get finer when you turn the power down. I wondered how it would be for shooting squirrels but it has been working great so far.

This is the scope I recently purchased for my Blitz, whose main duties will be 60yds, and under.
20230202_062855.jpg

As you can see it also comes set up with a top mounted red dot sight, for up close snap shots.
20230202_065023.jpg

This is the best picture of the scopes actual reticle that I could capture using my phone. The illumination is actually more crisp with the naked eye, than what the camera sees.

20230202_063925.jpg

The top mounted red dot has three intensity settings. Directly below is the high intensity setting, followed by the low. Again the illumination is much more crisp to the naked eye, than the camera is capable of capturing.
20230202_064927.jpg

20230202_064955.jpg

These are the manufacturers specs as labeled on the box...
20230202_062855.jpg

Overall the optic has great clarity. And some nice features for the money. A lever/knob for actuation of the variable adjustment, a one piece mount, and the red dot, with a removable hood (not pictured); all for just a shade over $600.

20230202_063601.jpg

Reactions: Deltaman