• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

looking for another airgun :)

so i have a gauntlet in .22 a wildcat in .25 so now looking for a .30 or bigger cal for the collection. what do you guys recommend? i am thinking of the cricket the crown and impact so far. it will be used for hunting plinking and bench shooting. i have hunted deer and other animals so while i do not mind bullpups i do not understand the you can only hunt with bullpup hype that looks to be going on. thanks everyone.

I love my .25 Crown for target shooting/plinking and hunt with it also. I just have to use reasonable care not to bang the barrel around to much because it wouldn't be difficult to bend if I were to drop it the wrong way or use it for a carrying handle. I've carried mine by the scope with the front mount between my fingers for miles. The Impact is "probably" more robust if dropped and very versatile like the Crown. Gotta love that smooth twistX barrel! It's not a good idea to treat any pcp airgun without care when considering the tank pressures involved. I hope your decision turns out great for you.

775b27c03e09ef6e09d4ed12744ba815.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm with you on the Vulcan2, Matt.

I became a Vulcan fan after buying the .22 cal and putting it through it's paces. 

I am now the pride owner of the Vulcan2 Tactic .25 cal.

I also own:

*4 Daystates -- in .177 Regal Xl, .22 Wolverine B hi lite, .25 cal Regal Xl and .303 Wolverine B hi lite (all very good rifles; excellent rifles in the case of the Regal Xl .177 and the Wolverine B hi lite .22 cal.

*5 FXs -- i.e. 2 Impacts (.22, .25. & .30 cal); .25 cal Wildcat (great all-around bullpup-very accurate, lightweight, 35 in. with ldc, ergonomic); .FX Royale .25 cal and FX Boss (.30 cal)

These FXs are consistent and very accurate, with buttery smooth lever actions.

*1 Ataman m2r in .357/9mm(?) -- a tank, that I don't get to shoot very often due to it's report, that matches that of the .22 cal rimfire.

*1 AA S510 .25 cal; my first PCP. Beautiful and accurate rifle (though unregulated), that suffers from neglect these days.

I said all that to say, none of these fine rifles surpasses my Vulcan nor my Vulcan2 in any category that I can think of. I consider my Vulcans the cream of the crop. 

'Nuff said!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm with you on the Vulcan2, Matt.

I became a Vulcan fan after buying the .22 cal and putting it through it's paces. 

I am now the pride owner of the Vulcan2 Tactic .25 cal.

I also own:

*4 Daystates -- in .177 Regal Xl, .22 Wolverine B hi lite, .25 cal Regal Xl and .303 Wolverine B hi lite (all very good rifles; excellent rifles in the case of the Regal Xl .177 and the Wolverine B hi lite .22 cal).

*5 FXs -- i.e. 2 Impacts (.22, .25. & .30 cal); .25 cal Wildcat (great all-around bullpup-very accurate, lightweight, 35 in. with ldc, ergonomic); .FX Royale .25 cal and FX Boss (.30 cal)

These FXs are consistent and very accurate, with buttery smooth lever actions.

*1 Ataman m2r in .357/9mm(?) -- a tank that I don't get to shoot very often due to it's report, that matches that of the .22 cal rimfire.

*1 AA S510 .25 cal; my first PCP. Beautiful and accurate rifle (though unregulated), that suffers from neglect these days.

I said all that to say, none of these fine rifles surpasses my Vulcan nor my Vulcan2 in any category that I can think of. I consider my Vulcans the cream of the crop. 

'Nuff said!

You are asking a good question, but it is the wrong question. So let me ask a useful question. Are you "really" planning on hunting large game with the new gun?

Some states allow you to hunt large game with .30 caliber, but the majority of Airgun Friendly states which allow large game hunting require .357 or .45 caliber to hunt larger game, such as deer.

Always consider the hunting laws of your state, and adjacent states which you might hunt in, when considering large caliber air rifles. Otherwise, you may make a large investment on an air rifle which cannot be used by law.

If all you want to do is target plink, then your choices are more simple.