• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

longest rock chuck for me

I've had some rock chucks move into the bank on the drainage ditch of my farm. Been going down and setting up about 50-60 yards away and cleaning them out with the 22 wildcat. Works great. There has been one I haven't been able to get. Company came and we are at the house BBQing burgers and I can see this damned chuck running around in the hay field. Got the range finder and he was just short of 200 yards, so got out the 25 wildcat with 25 grain JSB's. Set up on the picnic table and let one fly. Short, raised up and short again. I have an 8x32 hawke sidewinder and was now down in the bottom of the scope so had to turn it down to 12 power. Couple more shots and was in the vary bottom of the cross hairs. Wind was a quarter tailing about 12 MPH. Had him ranged, but the wind was blowing me around. We could see the impact in the dirt right behind him. He was out wondering where everyone went. I'd like to say I am an EXCELLENT shot, but persistent is more like it. 16 shots later I centered him. Went down and got him to see what a 25 grain 25 cal did to a chuck about the size of your regular house cat that far away. Pellet went thru the chest cavity and was laying under the hide on the other side. I don't normally shoot that far, but I hate rock chucks. After they have undermined a ditch bank and you drop a tractor in the hole you understand.