• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Long-term Marauder review

hello smaug. i like ur review. i have the gen 2 in .25 i think its 3 years oid. took it out today at 48 degrees 100% humidity and shoot 50 yards with a group of 1 inch. i count my fliers used jsb kings 25 gr. the only trouble ive had is double feeds and thats my fault. ur right for its price point this rifle is top notch.it feels good works every time and is easy to fill.i almost bought the hatsan bt 65 and may do so but i do not regret buying the maurader. really proud of this gun.

I have two guns from 2008. The 177 had a small leak, esaily fixed and is extremely accurate and the 22 version is rock solid, no issues. Both guns will hit flies at 25 yards and are still functioning very well. The 177 wears an original Terry X aluminum stock. 

The Marauders are good guns but for a little extra, you can get an AirForce gun. The AF guns dont have a magazine, I can live with that. The AF guns are extremely accurate and with the bottle have a really high shot count. One thing to keep in mind with the AF guns is to keep the 4 allan screws holding the barrel on tight. I have the Talon SS and the Condor SS. The Talon is uncommonly accurate. The Condoe, I just got but is living up to its reputation so far. 

With the introduction of the FX Streamline, if I were Weihrauch, Benjamin or AirForce, I would be worried. I have an FX 400 Royale and it is THE MOST accurate gun I have shot yet. 25 yards, flies don't stand a chance. 50 yard, 1 in plates are boring. I ordered a Streamline, I hope it bores me as much as the Royale.

I generally loan out the Marauders to introduce folks to PCP air guns.They are accurate and durable for the money.

Jamie

hello jamie. i too like the airforce guns. i dont shoot bench rest comp so iam not worried about pellet on pellet acc. the maurader for its price point and u to a .25 cal with a mag i cant see a better value. at 50 yards my out of the box .25 shoots jsb kings/ air arms diabolo/ and some fx pellets i found about 2 years ago at aoa, with average groups of 1 inch. so for 500$ and a 200$ scope [ aeon 3x12x50 sf] i cant be happier. dont get me wrong my journey through air gunning will take me to the air force/ hatsan/ air arms/ and bsa brands. like to see ur guns i dont know how to post pics id show my guns. have a good one

murphy59