• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Long shot with WC Compact

Great shooting! I haven’t had mine past 100y yet! I went with the Tatsu on mine. Donnyfl moderators are the best! 

1530106231_10596653785b3391778c4c79.22918882_53FFD62E-A142-4700-87E2-718059430EED.jpeg

angthooziast --=--

"So you have found the air arms pellets more accurate/consistent than the jsb’s? (Revoman)"

I believe they have a very slight edge over the JSBs with virtually the same weight. The head sizes are very close through the (recent) 5 tins that I have run through the Pellet Gauge. They all run between 6.37 and 6.38. Very consistent. Nothing at all against JSB, I use them as well, but there is something there with the AAs. I believe that while JSB produces them, AA must supply the mold?

angthooziast --=--

"So you have found the air arms pellets more accurate/consistent than the jsb’s? (Revoman)"

I believe they have a very slight edge over the JSBs with virtually the same weight. The head sizes are very close through the (recent) 5 tins that I have run through the Pellet Gauge. They all run between 6.37 and 6.38. Very consistent. Nothing at all against JSB, I use them as well, but there is something there with the AAs. I believe that while JSB produces them, AA must supply the mold?

Wow, Hookster; you must be an extremely steady shot with good ballistics software! I have a WC .25 with a mil-dot scope and use Chairgun. Although my optics go out to 134 yards, and the WC still has plenty of oomph for any small game animal at that range; I do not take shots more than 75 yds out. It's certainly not because the WC is not accurate enough (actually, it's the most accurate rifle I've ever shot); it's because I'm the shakiest gun in the west! I shoot off a Primos TriggerStick tripod, standing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0

Laying prone with the atlas bipod makes those shots much easier. I use a towel under the back and just adjust till it's rock steady. Seeing how the 25cal penetrates with the lighter pellet 25gr I could move out even more with the 34gr MKii but then my holdovers get ridiculous and even using strelok app you have very little room for error. Farthest around my house is 125yards so I doubt I will be shooting anything past that for woodchucks. I hunt two fields where 300 yard shots from a bench for starlings are presented. So I have lots of room for tryouts on birds. This compact has the least power scope 20x that I have on any PCP I own. But I wanted a lighter smaller setup for mobility. I am very lucky to have great places to shoot/hunt and I'm always shooting at long range, it makes those 50-75 yard shots much easier.