• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Long Range Springer Group Target

Hi Oldspook,

Excuse my ignorance, but is your link a PFD type doccument, so who ever prints it, as long as it’s on an A4 size paper, it will always print the same size for everyone?

I’m keen to give it a try with my Gamo, it’s an IGT, but pretty much the same as a springer.
Only problem is my rifle is zeroed 30m, I don’t think I can get 90m with out shimming my scope 🙈

Thanks,
Pete.

Reactions: drpietrzak
Ok. I shot 5 cards. Best was 1st. It is hard target to shoot with a .177 as you can't see the hits, even with a target camera. At least I couldn't.

100-yards
Tx200 Miii FAC .177
Vortex Diamondback 6-24x50mm
AA Field Heavy 10.3 sorted to 10.4
Temp 90°F, High Humidity
Wind 0 to 5 mph from 6 to 9 o'clock
Bench with bag rests.

Obviously I suck. At least so far. I scored .177 and not .22.

Cards:
1 34 (3 3/8") 5s = 2; Black=9
2 26 (3 5/8") 5s = 0; Black=7
3 30 (5 7/8") 5s = 2; Black=6
4 32 (3 7/8") 5s = 1; Black=9
5 30 (4 9/16") 5s = 1; Black=8

20230710_190946.jpg20230710_190857.jpg20230710_190924.jpg

Reactions: SkeeterHawk
Hi Oldspook,

Excuse my ignorance, but is your link a PFD type doccument, so who ever prints it, as long as it’s on an A4 size paper, it will always print the same size for everyone?

I’m keen to give it a try with my Gamo, it’s an IGT, but pretty much the same as a springer.
Only problem is my rifle is zeroed 30m, I don’t think I can get 90m with out shimming my scope 🙈

Thanks,
Pete.
my printer works , but i spray glue the paper to cardboard (old Cherrios box )

Whats the black (#3) ring size ? Or what are the ring sizes?

Be nice if that ring size info was on the target so you know .

For example in a corner
View attachment 371885
5 ring is about 1" (0.953"0
4 ring is about 2 " (2.022")
3 ring is about 4" (black) (4.015")
2 ring is about 6" (5.981")
1 ring is about 8"

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Well after doing some brushhogging i slapped this up . It was easy for me to see in the overcast sky and shaded rack.

100y, R9 , h&n Ftt.50 , stock irons.
100y,r9,irons,h&n,ftt.50.jpg
(3-1/4" can lid)

After supper last try . Dont seem the h&n .52 fair as well or i suffered from blotebelly shooting tight after eating big.
100y h&n ftt.52.jpg
3" crosman tin lid

100y rack irons.jpg
Range view

Last edited:
Reactions: drpietrzak
5 ring is about 1" (0.953"0
4 ring is about 2 " (2.022")
3 ring is about 4" (black) (4.015")
2 ring is about 6" (5.981")
1 ring is about 8"
I’m not complaining about Oldspooks target, or his effort to creat it and share it here, Thanks Oldspook! but just a suggestion, maybe going forward it might be easier to standardize a 100y/90m target, with each scoring ring 1inch wide?
But actually that won’t work, because a 9inch wide target won’t fit on an A4 paper, which is no doubt why OldSpook made it 8inches wide 🤔
OR… if OldSpooks target is saved as a PDF, (which was my original question in post #2) it should print exactly the same size on any printer, anywhere in the world… not so?

The other difference I noticed which might affect the print size is the size of the paper/printer setting, or maybe it’s just terminology…?
Maybe some US members could help me understand, I’ve seen some US members talking about an 8x11 or something like that. What I think normal printer paper is, is what I call an A4. Are they the same size piece of paper? Do you use A4 in the US?
An A4 measures 297mm by 210mm
That converts to 11.69inches by 8.26 inches??? 🤔

And yes, I know I’m OCD, but one last thing, it should be 91,44m, to keep it all fair 😃
(100y = 91,44m)

After all of that, when I do finally manage to get out and try this challenge at 91,44m, I doubt I’m even going to hit paper 😂😂😂.

Pete.

I’m not complaining about Oldspooks target, or his effort to creat it and share it here, Thanks Oldspook! but just a suggestion, maybe going forward it might be easier to standardize a 100y/90m target, with each scoring ring 1inch wide?
But actually that won’t work, because a 9inch wide target won’t fit on an A4 paper, which is no doubt why OldSpook made it 8inches wide 🤔
OR… if OldSpooks target is saved as a PDF, (which was my original question in post #2) it should print exactly the same size on any printer, anywhere in the world… not so?

The other difference I noticed which might affect the print size is the size of the paper/printer setting, or maybe it’s just terminology…?
Maybe some US members could help me understand, I’ve seen some US members talking about an 8x11 or something like that. What I think normal printer paper is, is what I call an A4. Are they the same size piece of paper? Do you use A4 in the US?

And yes, I know I’m OCD, but one last thing, it should be 91,44m, to keep it all fair 😃
(100y = 91,44m)

After all of that, when I do finally manage to get out and try this challenge at 91,44m, I doubt I’m even going to hit paper 😂😂😂.

Pete.

The target dimensions are fine. There is always a couple hundredths measurement error or printing error. These dimensions work. I just struggled with not being able to adjust from shot to shot and had to wait until completed to make a call because black made it was hard to track shots. I suspect black is easier with open sights though. I have a decent wifi shot camera and couldn't pull shots unless I did close-up on a target.

(100y = 91,44m)

Pete.
If you look a a usbr target the rings progress in size / the outer rings are wider then the inner.
usbr ring size.png

usbr.png

Nra stays true to ring for gun / range used (air gun )
offical.png

Air gun sights should be 1 click= 1/10mm at 10m. So on that target 4 clicks = 1 ring thickness.

Last edited: