• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Log on time now a days?

I don't know if it's me getting bored with airguns which I really don't think so at least with the ones I own or just what it is. When I open up AGN these days I only spend about 5 minutes on it and it seems like I've seen everything I need to see or that there is to see. I hit a few of my favorite topics and I'm done. Is anyone else experiencing the same or is it just me?
jking

Reactions: pnwairgunner
I don't know if it's me getting bored with airguns which I really don't think so at least with the ones I own or just what it is. When I open up AGN these days I only spend about 5 minutes on it and it seems like I've seen everything I need to see or that there is to see. I hit a few of my favorite topics and I'm done. Is anyone else experiencing the same or is it just me?
jking

So, what do you want for nothing? LOL! ;)

Post something that interests more people and off you go... (chuckle)

I'm just coming back to the forums. Took a break. I pretty much have what I want and everything is set up and performing well so don't need to dig for info. I'm more interested in the online social aspect vs. Info gathering so I share pictures and brief descriptions of what I'm doing over on Instagram. I like seeing what others are doing with their airguns too and IG is a simple place to do that. I guess it's just that stage where I am so I don't spend much time on the forums either.

Your right. The nature of all the forums has changed. They use to be more about experimenting and improving and now they are more about buying and trying. The best of the technical threads/discussions still happen over at GTA, sometimes. The airguns are so much better now that people without a rabid passion to make their gun, their sport, work, can just fall right into it and expect a lot right up front. It happens with every hobby, just like radio controlled planes. I remember people spending a year building those from scratch. Some, very few, still do, most buy a drone with stability control and a return to home button. Same thing, very different level of commitment. It is not good or bad, it just is. Pick a hobby and get into it to your comfort level.

I used to be into Smith and Wesson revolvers. Their forums, one in particular is hands down the best forum I have been on. But after 8+ years the topics were just reruns and I had absorbed all I wanted of it. I still visit it occasionally but not daily.
I still visit this one daily because I am new to the sport and there is plenty of material that is new to me.

jking
Jimmy..you got heat stroke..stay out of the sun...you retired yet?..go buy a new gun..you are bored all the best.

Things also change i think.
I have been super active on a forum for other things ( dashcams ) for the past decade, but lately i have been a bit weary about it, and thought about scaling back.
Though that have been a year or two and i still spend as much time there ( also logged onto the site right now in another browser widow )
We are talking about at least 8 hours a day,on that forum though that is of course not actually being there reading / writing stuff, but i am the #2 ranked user there in post count, and i will probably be #1 "soon" as the the current holder of that spot sadly died about a year ago,,,,, a great loss for that forum.

PS: My 12 / 24 core threadripper computer, just idling on the windows desktop it suck down 180 watts,,,, and KWH prices in Denmark is for sure in the top 3 most expensive countries in the world.
Actually i think we are top 3 in everything expensive. :unsure:

Note to self,,,, you really should use your laptop more for these kind of things,,,,, really everything as you do not game anymore, :)

jking
Same here. I find the new layout to be boring.

Is it because of the new site layout? If so are you using a phone or PC?
That's the main reason right now that I don't spend much time here. I used to just click new posts just like I do on GTA and scroll through to see if there's any thing that is interesting. Can't do that now, at least for me. I'm on my phone 99 percent of the time.

@jking Nope, it’s not just you. People can plateau in interest, learning, abilities, etc for various reasons. We come for different reasons. After hanging around a while you may notice repetitious discussions. If that sort of dialog doesn’t meet your needs, why spend as much time logged on? Let’s say you’re a competitor and this is the down season for your area of competition. If people aren’t posting scorecards, event results, new components to add to a rig in order to improve shooting technique, etc then there may not be much to interest you or to prompt interaction in other forums. If hunting is your thing, there hasn’t been much big game activity or documented predator hunting so you may feel disinterested forums discussing much else outside of the scope of hunting. Either way, it’s understandable. Then there’s real life happening away from the forums. Whatever you do, I hope you continue shooting and continue to enjoy shooting.

Last edited:
Reactions: gendoc