• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Loctite 5452

ive used 545 .. im assuming the -2 is similar, but it works pretty good where i used it on a metal on metal adapter bushing i was having problems sealing .. first go round was a fail, but i redid it and let it set longer, several days, then its held ever since .. as with any loctite though, not real compatible with plastic or rubber, so long as theres nothing like that involved itl probaly work for ya ..

ive used 545 .. im assuming the -2 is similar, but it works pretty good where i used it on a metal on metal adapter bushing i was having problems sealing .. first go round was a fail, but i redid it and let it set longer, several days, then its held ever since .. as with any loctite though, not real compatible with plastic or rubber, so long as theres nothing like that involved itl probaly work for ya ..
Thanks. Their data sheet does show different cure times for different metals and applications. I’m going to give it a try.

About 3600psi at the D95 plug. I get an occasional leak there - have to replace the o-ring each time, then might get a leak there again after a few weeks. Part of the solution is getting the D95 screwed in the correct amount. I was screwing it in until it bottomed out and that's wrong. It needs to be screwed in until it is flush with the action, no further. I plan to use the Loctite 5452 in the D95 threads the next time it leaks.

It's not really a permanent fix. The Loctite 5452 can be removed much like Blue Loctite. I'm hoping that it will now hold without further problems since I cintacted FX and they instructed me on the correct procedure - screwed in until flush, not bottomed out. I asked why it wasn't just a permanent plug and her's their reply: "This design comes from the original Impact and has been essentially unchanged since the MKI as this brass adapter has an extremely low failure rate with a static seal."

I just found this thread. In the past I have tried several thread sealants including Loctite Hydraulic sealant none sealed a straight thread reliably.
A hydraulic floor jack re-builder mentioned that he had the same problem until he used Loctite 518 which is marketed as a Anorobic Gasket Maker
after that no more failures. So I tried it and had the same results with both straight threads, and tapered threads. It has the thickness of jelly, just apply it to the male threads tighten as needed, and let cure for 24hr's. It does require some effort to undo but nothing excessive.