• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Light review of 500mm superior heavy barrel on Crown Continuum and FX Crono.

Just got the FX Crono in the mail and had to try it. So a little review(really just a first look). Setup was a piece of cake. Only down side was I had to look on line(like 3 minutes) to find the APP and download. Turn on APP , turn on Crono(I mounted on the LDC 3" from muzzle with bands) Paired the phone and Crono. And it performed flawlessly.

Scope is an ATN 5-20 but have a NightForce that might give more refined results. Hope both will be and EZ night day swap.

Only shot for speed and did not do any xtra tuning from the 350mm barrel tuned with the JSB 18.13 pellet settings. 18.13 Max at 177-22 was 960 fps and at 30 1005 fps. shot a few 3-5 shot groups just to see and I only have 31 yards. At 960 5 shot group 1/4" at 1005 a little bigger but could have been me. Then tried lower hammer settings with very little group difference in size but POI moved 1/4 to 3/8" left. 

Then tried the 21gr FX slugs 950fps and little bigger than on one bullet hole. Need to get more range but I feel good about the results.

Now the barrel before shooting I cleaned the heck out of it. Then JB for 100 stokes full length and a few short strokes on the breach and muzzle.

This will be my pellet varminter slug backup and the M3 will be set for slugs at should shoot pellets as well. I don't have this gun in hand yet!

Didn't have time for other pellets but will get to it