• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Lets see those favorite childhood Airguns

Hey guys, thought I would share a story about a rifle I had when I was a kid. I started out like most with a Daisy Red Ryder and then slowly progressed up to a Crosman 262 that I found out of an old Cabela's catalog my father had brought home. I asked my dad if I could have it and he said if I worked for him over the Summer he would order it, man was I excited. I remember it taking forever to arrive to our big ranch, who knows how long it really was but I couldn't wait. I enjoyed this little rifle so much, did a ton of rabbit hunting with it over the next few years. As I got older I kinda forgot about Airguns and ended up selling it out of pure adolescent stupidity. Years later this poor decision had haunted me until my birthday a few years back when Lindsey gave me one in mint condition she had found online. This was seriously the kindest and most thoughtful gift I've ever received and am so grateful to have it back. Last weekend I decided to get out with it and do a little shooting with it around camp, it was a very special resurrection I just wanted to share. Here are a few pics of Matt and I shooting it along with a little video to pass the time. Lets see some of those special guns you all have that may not get used as much as they should.

Cheers,

Dana

*VIDEO*

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xZ8n4eJD-6lJYVvdCeyv5fzKSTh9xGup

Cool gun, Dana 👍

Here's my 1st. A Daisy lever action but I don't think it was a red ryder.

The stock had some shape to it instead of a flat plank of wood.

Shot cycle was a satisfying thunk and it was sparrow accurate out to 20 or 25 yards or so from memory.

This was right around 1978. I was 13 or 14. Anyone have a guess what model this is?

Matt

Awesome share man, to me it looks like a Daisy model 1000 that I believe held like 700 bbs.

My first one was a Daisy Fieldmaster. It was cool to me because it was a replica of the Remington pump 22rf. At 8 years old back then it was a fantasy rifle! 

I remember it was powerful enough to punch through a tin can. 

It's long gone, I probably broke it and it was thrown away???

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2006/02/daisys-model-26572-field-master-a-fun-bb-gun-in-the-spittin-image-line/

The next one only a few years later was a Diana M27 and it so happened that we were stationed at Ramstein Germany when I received the rifle.

1587897516_16634658495ea564ac2b8283.46113506.JPG
1587896462_20217765045ea5608e37e579.55402456.JPG

My first airgun Daisy Mod. 25 .Around 1960 still have it,still shoots.Think its probably has seen at least 100 pounds of BBs through it :) Ah,the good old days.

Also have a model 25 setting on the shelf. My brothers and I had those as a kid and absolutely nothing was safe. I remember shooting all the small crab apples off a big tree in the park. We shot them so much you never wanted to bet we couldn't hit something. I remember riding our bikes to the corner store on ammunition runs. BB's came in a cardboard tube a little taller then a 12 gauge shotgun shell and cost a nickel. sylvan

1587897516_16634658495ea564ac2b8283.46113506.JPG
1587896462_20217765045ea5608e37e579.55402456.JPG

My first airgun Daisy Mod. 25 .Around 1960 still have it,still shoots.Think its probably has seen at least 100 pounds of BBs through it :) Ah,the good old days.

I always wanted a model 25. Even in my teens I wanted it. My old man and I would sit under a tree and shoot grasshoppers with a Red Rider. I couldn't ever find a 25. When they came back out I drove to Rogers Arkansas and got one. Still a fun one to shoot.

Daisy fieldmaster-Mine never looked that good. My best friend gave it to me after it had been in a bike crash and the barrel had been bent and then straightened. I had to hold the pump back or the the gun would de-cock. I snuck it into my house without my parents knowing I figured it would be better to ask forgiveness than permission! I could hit stuff with it despite it's quirks, it of course died far too soon. I still often feel as if I'm getting away with something when I hit the woods with an airgun!

2018-06-30-18.29.30.jpg

Daisy fieldmaster-Mine never looked that good. My best friend gave it to me after it had been in a bike crash and the barrel had been bent and then straightened. I had to hold the pump back or the the gun would de-cock. I snuck it into my house without my parents knowing I figured it would be better to ask forgiveness than permission! I could hit stuff with it despite it's quirks, it of course died far too soon. I still often feel as if I'm getting away with something when I hit the woods with an airgun!

2018-06-30-18.29.30.jpg

Love it, great story John! I think deep down this is one of the reasons I connect so well with using Airguns... reality is they make me feel like a kid again.