• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leshiy classic scope mounting

Here's what a set of Vortex Extra-High Mounts look like with a 32mm Optisan

img-LeshiyClassic-LeftSide.1626997543.JPG

High mounts would probably clear the 44mm VT3, but the Optisan w/Extra-High lined up nicely for me.

I bought a used Vector 3-12x44 which is the same scope body as your VT-3. It came with a one piece mount.

I don't know if this is considered a cantilever or a partial cantilever or what. I don't know the make of mount either but can take a closer look if you think it will help.

In this position the scope sat much too high for me so I never really used it. As you can see even with the flip cap it's well above the shroud. It also didn't have enough eye relief for me. I was going to flip the scope around in the mount to offset it towards the back but since it was so high I didn't bother.

For other scopes I have various pieces of spacer material on my gun bench that I use to mock up scope height. I then measure a stack and shop accordingly. 

TVO Leshiy 2.1626999280.jpg

TVO Leshiy2.1626999293.PNG

I used the UTG Accu-Sync 1 piece scope mount with offset. I only needed the medium height for the Bug Buster though. The offset is 34mm. The distance from outside ring to outside ring is about 3.75". You can see that the offset is opposite of how Scouty's is mounted. It's ok as is but the scope could actually come backward another inch for a slightly more comfortable eye relief. But I can't move it back any further. This scope mount is also available in a high version. It also comes in a 50mm offset, but for some reason I thought the rings were farther apart on that one and it wouldn't have fit my scope... I may have been wrong about that though.

IMG_E1575.1627002573.JPG

I almost feel like I need an lpvo to get it close to the body. Lol. 
that is pretty high though. Although not terrible. I’ll look into it thanks.

LPVOs are the only scopes I can get low enough on a Leshiy to get a quick site picture without a cheek riser of some sort.

If I have time tomorrow I'll try my spacers & see what saddle height or height to center is required under my Vector 3-12x44. 

I've all but stopped buying rings by low/medium/high descriptions. Not a lot of consistency as far as I can tell.

I tried many scope ring combinations and much of it depends on your scope glass size vs the different meanings of medium, high, etc. Really liked the Hawke 2-7x32 IR on their medium rings and an Osprey CP-3-9x42 MDG on high rings. But I finally settled on a FFP Osprey 1-4x24 IR sitting low upon a set of 30mm Monstrum Offset Cantilever Scope Rings. Granted this setup may not work for everybody, but for this 6'3" giraffe neck the L1 is now a very low profile back packing grove gun that earns it's keep everyday.

IMG_20210723_070915696_HDR_copy.1627052656.jpg
IMG_20210723_070746259_HDR_copy.1627052737.jpg

Scouty I really like the longer big box eye relief on these Osprey scopes their very quick for targeting a moving something on the fly. I put the 3-9x42 on my AEA semi auto back packer it's now wickedly deadly. I've got some extra wrapping on the L1 air tube providing a cheek spot mark also in low light this little guy shines. Osprey Global builds some tough gear and some were included with US military sniper kits.

Thanks, Shomer. Maybe I'll try one. Would really like to get a scope I can mount low and forward of or even with the hinge point. 

I just found my perfect scope for the Leshiy, maybe it would be something for you, parallax at 50 yards, focus down to zero, illuminated center point so acts like a red dot at zero or x5 magnification but much lower weight than my Eotech + Magnifier

I use Hawke high mounts item 22117 as it fits me well but can be mounted 1cm (0.4 inch) lower and the sight picture is perfect when mounted even with the hinge so it don't ad to the folded length

Vector Optics SCOC-0311 Forester
https://www.vectoroptics.com/products/view/id/SCOC-03.html

Thanks, Shomer. Maybe I'll try one. Would really like to get a scope I can mount low and forward of or even with the hinge point. 

I just found my perfect scope for the Leshiy, maybe it would be something for you, parallax at 50 yards, focus down to zero, illuminated center point so acts like a red dot at zero or x5 magnification but much lower weight than my Eotech + Magnifier

I use Hawke high mounts item 22117 as it fits me well but can be mounted 1cm (0.4 inch) lower and the sight picture is perfect when mounted even with the hinge so it don't ad to the folded length

Vector Optics SCOC-0311 Forester
https://www.vectoroptics.com/products/view/id/SCOC-03.html

That is intriguing. Nice exit pupil. Long eye relief.

I'm still hoping for a holdover reticle but I may have to stop being stubborn and just click for the shots inside of my PBR. But it's those shots that often need to be taken quickly so holdover preferred.

No trouble with the eye relief at 5x?

I've only found two scopes that I can mount even with the hinge and be comfortable. A Konus AS34 2-6x28 (4.8" to 4.1" eye relief) and a Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32 (3.7" to 5" eye relief). Anything else I've tried I have to crane my neck forward. Even with the Dedal Stalker.

I'm still hoping for a holdover reticle but I may have to stop being stubborn and just click for the shots inside of my PBR. But it's those shots that often need to be taken quickly so holdover preferred.

I've only found two scopes that I can mount even with the hinge and be comfortable. A Konus AS34 2-6x28 (4.8" to 4.1" eye relief) and a Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32 (3.7" to 5" eye relief). Anything else I've tried I have to crane my neck forward. Even with the Dedal Stalker.

I always zero my pcp's at 34 meter and save the trajectory to memory so my holdover calculations is in the back of my head and seldom fail me - I just trust the force

No trouble with eye relief at high mag, neither the Vector nor the Hawke 2-7x32AO, BTW the AO adjustment ring on the Hawke is OD 47mm and this is max for the Hawke high mounts, just clears the moderator by a hair

The Vector comes with low mount included but too low for me so Hawke high is used on both Classics

Here pictures of my setups

2 x leshiy classic scoped.1627130270.JPG

2 x leshiy classic scoped and folded.1627130287.JPG

I always zero my pcp's at 34 meter and save the trajectory to memory so my holdover calculations is in the back of my head and seldom fail me - I just trust the force

No trouble with eye relief at high mag, neither the Vector nor the Hawke 2-7x32AO, BTW the AO adjustment ring on the Hawke is OD 47mm and this is max for the Hawke high mounts, just clears the moderator by a hair

The Vector comes with low mount included but too low for me so Hawke high is used on both Classics

Here pictures of my setups

Thank you. I didn't realize yesterday that the Vector has both capped and un-capped turret versions. I think I'll order one of the latter.

Here is a picture of my Burris Timberline slammed down on the shroud. I believe the paracord is called cordless paracord. The AO just barely skims it with 31mm height to center rings. If it were regular paracord I think I would have needed slightly taller rings.

Leshiy Burris shroud.1627139870.jpg