• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Leshiy Classic hammer removal issue

So, I bought the Huma 12 ft/lbs regulator for my classic Leshiy, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting the hammer out to replace the spring with the softer one. I've watched Ed's video and another one by XTX ltd on how to get the hammer out. I've been working on this for about 2 hours and the hammer will not budge more than a 1/4" past the breech. The gun is decocked, I've pulled the trigger while pushing the hammer out, pushed the sear, pushed the hammer as hard as I can and it won't move. Yes, I've removed the hammer screw that is used to cock the gun with the stock. I'm out of ideas. Bought the gun used on AGN, it's in great condition and doesn't appear to have ever been tinkered with internally.

Has anyone else had this problem?

And, I did speak to Brian at Edgun West, great help, however, I still can't get it out. He said its the only way it will come out, but it aint moving. It's like it's getting caught on the sear but I've tried everything to make sure it's depressed while pulling the trigger.

If anyone has any tips, that would be great.

Thanks.

Blair

..... pushed the sear, pushed the hammer as hard as I can and it won't move...

Pushing on the front end of the sear should make it clear the hammer, but if not I would drive out the pin and dismount the sear

leshiy classic sear.1613210139.JPG

Thanks both of you for the responses.

Odoyle, I've tried that, I can't seem to twist it at all.

Towle, thanks for the info and diagram. I don't think the hammer is caught on the sear, (once the sear is decocked, I think the hammer is clear of the sear) what i think is happening is the hammer is getting caught on the trigger and there's no clearance to let the hammer move by it. I've pushed on the sear with a lot of force, doesn't seem to affect the hammer movement. I've pulled the trigger while trying to move the hammer and when the hammer gets to the trigger, you can feel the trigger stay in the pulled position, which tells me the hammer is trying to get by the trigger. I think the tolerances are off slightly on the hammer or trigger, one of them is a couple 1000ths too thick. Also, I did try ever so lightly, to punch out the sear pin, then the trigger pin. They are in there pretty good so I didn't want to force it. I'm not willing to damage anything since replacement parts are not readily available. I've watched Ed's video and XTX ltd videos, and their hammer seems to come out with little to no effort, certainly no force is used, so it's obvious to me that there's an issue with mine.

I did talk to someone who had the same exact issue, and our guns serial numbers weren't too far off from each other, so I have a feeling that there are other ones out there that could have an issue if they try to remove the hammer.

I would send the gun off, but I don't think it would get resolved easily without having to remove the trigger assy. I bought the gun used and it appears to never have been tinkered with as far as the trigger assy goes, so it's not under any warranty. While it sounds like a simple issue to fix, if the hammer, sear, or trigger gets damaged, i may not be able to get parts and i don't need a Leshiy that's inoperable.

I'm not mad or anything, maybe a little disappointed that this is like this, I can shoot the gun with the other regulator just fine. But I bought the gun because I shoot med / low power and wanted to use the low power regulator for the efficiency. Oh well.

Thanks for the reponses.

Blair

I'm not mad or anything, maybe a little disappointed that this is like this, I can shoot the gun with the other regulator just fine. But I bought the gun because I shoot med / low power and wanted to use the low power regulator for the efficiency. Oh well.

I also have and had the 12 ft/lbs regulator installed, did not change the hammer spring, neither installed the plenum reducer insert, with reg set at 100 Bar I got 55 shots from one fill with JSB heavies going 750 fps

..and I seems to remember Mr. Wingman writing that the org hammer spring worked just fine with the 12 ft/lbs kit and it did for me

And not changing that spring makes it much easier to go back..

Reactions: hitech
Could be Brian meant damage to the brass bushing, the contour of the first edition hammer could bottom out and damage that part if shot way under reg. pressure

leshiy classic - bushing.1613247220.JPG

But wingman who did the design work on the 12fpe kit from huma designed the length of the valve spring to stop the hammer doing that

Just fund a screen shot I made from one of his videos, my memory was right

huma 12ftlbs edgun leshiy reg.1613247394.JPG

Thank you Peskadot, I did try that, didn't do anything.

I did install the Huma 12 ft/lbs kit with valve, and left the stock hammer spring alone (I have no choice as of right now). Right now I'm getting about 19-20 ft/lbs for 40-42 shots depending on pellet choice. This was not far off from the previous Huma standard reg. I may turn down the reg and decrease the hammer spring tension to get back to 16 ft/lbs and see where my shot count is. I have plenty of spring tension to decrease to lower the FPS. I'm about 8-9 turns out from minimum.

Probably just leave the gun as is for now and not worry about the hammer spring.