• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leshiy 2 Scope options

I have a NightForce NX8 2.5-20X50 F1 with the Mil-C reticle in LaRue QD mount that I specifically purchased for the L2. I also have an Aimpoint Micro T1 in a LaRue QD mount that I'm not currently using so I'll be switching between the two when I feel like it. I have everything ready but still waiting on my L2 to ship lol. I like the compact length of the NX8 at only 12.00" and the weight is not that bad coming in at 28oz.

SmartSelect_20201117-144233_Chrome.1605588700.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-11-23-at-10.17.47-AM 1.1605588728.png

IMO, you won't need anything more than 8x (unless the glass is cheap / bad, in which case 10x would be ideal. Rationale - it's not a bench gun or long range "sniper" rifle, it's a light and compact hunting rifle and the ballistics of pellets gets a little weird past ~110y. 

I found that the EOTech Exps3-4 + G33 (3x) magnifier wasn't enough, so I run an NX8 1-8 LVPO which is perfect for hunting close range to the maximum range capable with 34gr JSBs. No fiddling with parallax knobs, the mag throw is quick, and it works damn good with a PVS-14 behind it for crystal clarity at night!

I was popping a two inch steel spinner at 85 yards last weekend with my L2. I was using a Steiner 3x with a 1mm red dot. I am 58 and my eyes are tired from 35 years of printing, need reading glasses these days.Hopefully that can help you out with your choices. I use my L2 for squirrels, when the chestnuts fall it makes for some crazy hectic shooting !

Wilson,

The Dedal Stalker is in the discussion, only problem I have is 6 x magnification, I’m in the woods and on those 60 + yard shots I like to magnify to 8 to 10 so that I can see any little twigs close to the target that will screw with my intended POI. What I’m using now is a .22 and have had troubles with twigs before, I can say that I’ve shot through leaves and whatever is beyond that with the Vulcan in .25 and had success with the POI. I can see the 33.4 gr JSB doing the same and my be a mute point regarding magnification. Anyone got a suggestion of the cheapest place to search for a NF NX8? I have SWFA 3-15 FFP on my Taipan and I really like the glass quality and reticle.

Beach-gunner

Dennis

Wilson,

The Dedal Stalker is in the discussion, only problem I have is 6 x magnification, I’m in the woods and on those 60 + yard shots I like to magnify to 8 to 10 so that I can see any little twigs close to the target that will screw with my intended POI. What I’m using now is a .22 and have had troubles with twigs before, I can say that I’ve shot through leaves and whatever is beyond that with the Vulcan in .25 and had success with the POI. I can see the 33.4 gr JSB doing the same and my be a mute point regarding magnification. Anyone got a suggestion of the cheapest place to search for a NF NX8? I have SWFA 3-15 FFP on my Taipan and I really like the glass quality and reticle.

Beach-gunner

Dennis

Yeah, 6x isn't enough for an airgun like the L2 IMO, The NX8 LVPOs come up from time to time on other forum classifieds, but they're in huge demand right now. NF is solid, but I wouldn't buy used glass (not knowing the abuses they were put through).

If you're looking for one, my suggestion would be to find one with the capped elevation turret (C599 IIRC). I have the ATACR 1-8 as well, and I have grown to dislike the uncapped turret on my NX8.