• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leshiy 2 owners....

after a long and indepth conversation with a fellow member from the site. And the idea of creating a single shot mag for the title gun. we have come up with a solution to improve accuracy from the gun. I introduce you all to a small, compact pellet seater that is adjustable for depth.

20211002_095329.1633288630.jpg

here you can see the adjustability part of the design.

20211002_095610.1633288664.jpg

this is the first prototype of the adjustable depth pellet seater. it will be mailed to the user who is going to test the idea and see if it does as we both have discussed and see if his accuracy greatly improves. preliminary testing by the fellow air gunner has lead to this creation. if this idea proves out, you can expect a more detailed review on this. And he will also be doing a video review of its use as well. More to come and thought are welcomed.

interesting idea. i was also wondering if single loading into the barrel, particularly with pellet skirts "designed to expand under pressure" would be more consistent, on top of the variables introduced with the magazine feeding during the shot itself (not unlike a revolver).

i was going to be satisfied using a camber flag i had cut to length, but i never even got around to testing that yet. :p

I can see this as something to ensure the pellets are seated in the magazine to a uniform depth for consistency, but not so much for use as a single shot. Hard to conceive a single shot magazine being usable what with the magazine advance needing to be disabled and the magazine needing to be inserted so that the transfer port doesn't get blown to the furthest reaches of space. I agree with @madeintheuk, those of us that bought them, bought them for the semiauto function.

If you guys have figured out a way to make a single shot option available, good luck with your endeavors.

So the Idea for this came up because I bought some 30 cal 60gr AVS Slugs and and I had to force the slugs into the mags and the accuracy suffered greatly due to what I believe is the violent abuse the slug gets being pushed through the mag and breech. I single fed them into the breech and the accuracy improved greatly so I got in touch Dan about making a solid Mag with one hole after a bit of discussion Dan suggested loading full mags and use some sort of loading tool to let the mag rotate as it should and use a tool to push the slug or pellet through the mag into the breech. So Dan ran with the idea and came up with this I can't wait for it to arrive so I can give it some real world testing. Now this would be most helpful in a Benchrest situation of course and not practical in Hunting situations. I tried this with a makeshift probe that is not adjustable with pellets and it performed very well once you figure out the correct depth for your gun you can lock it in position and leave it. Big thumbs up to Dan for designing this as He does not own a Leshiy 2 and had to do this on the fly with a few measurements and pics that I sent him

That's an interesting thing to hear about the AVS slugs. They were just recommended to me yesterday as fitting the best into the mags. Doesn't do me much good, though, until they start making them in my caliber. I can see where it would be a lot more beneficial in a benchrest situation.

In all fairness to AVS the 30 cal come in 2 diameters 3033 and 3013 I was using the larger the smaller may fit a lot better

I modified (hogged out) one of my Leshiy 2 mags to work perfectly with .3033 AVS. I already had 500 of the AVS .3033 in my hands, and noticed the same, they were ungodly tight-fitting in the mag chambers. Accuracy was “meh”. I theorized that the extra nanosecond it took to push them into the chamber (upon firing) was causing inconsistent cycling, and that could be causing slug damage = diminished accuracy. BINGO. I now have a magazine the loads easy, and cycles flawlessly with .3033’s (the barrel loves them) AND Hades, JSB.

Hi-Tech Solution:

8B3DB7FA-38D5-45AD-88A8-515A5FF69E7B.1633353445.jpeg

Once this was done and the magazine tension was readjusted, it hasn’t missed a beat, loads easy, and stacks AVS .3033’s and Pellets like a precision air gun should.

Brian