• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

last nights outing *GRAPHIC*

Hey all,

Decided to get out of the house last night after some damn hot spring weather. The temperature dropped like 7oC in 3minutes so I figured the bunnies would be out and feeding in the cooler weather. Well I get out to one of my small 5 acre perms, and set up with the night vision. After about 30mins there was nothing kicking about, so I decide to take a wander up to the front paddock.

Apart from the horse in the paddock following me around and constantly walking in front of my gun, the signs were good. So I tie the big paint up to the gate and go back to looking for bunnies.

I see a bunny about 50-55m out, aim at the head and POP! It's down. I collect, and keep looking. Soon after I see the 2nd. POP! Another one down.

I decide to walk around the paddock to change it up, so I head up towards where I tied up the horse.
Whilst I'm looking for bunnies, a big male Fox trots through my sight line. I try to get a good shot, but can't because he's on the move. He gets to about 70m away, and I know even if I take a shot, it won't even break skin at this distance, so I take a ping to scare him. Sure enough I hit him in the arse and he takes off.

About 5mins later I'm back up the other end of the paddock and I see a bunny in front of a tree. I line it up and squeeze off a shot. POP! I hit it in the head, but it takes off. Wow, tough little bunny. I keep it in the scope and when it stops I squeeze off another round. POP! This time it drops. I walk over and half it's head it off with brain hanging out. So I pick it up and take it back to the other two.

I decide that's enough for the night, and take some pics. Most of them were coming out blurry so I took like 5 or 6. Anyway, after the 6th shot, I notice the last little bunny is breathing! WTF!?!?! HOW THE HECK IS THIS POSSIBLE? I popped this guy twice in the head, and half it's brain is literally hanging out of its busted skull. So I quickly reload, and POP it at point blank. It's over, no more breathing. I felt bad, but also wondered what the hell was going on with this thing?!? 3 GOOD headshots to put this bunny down, CRAZY right?

Pics to follow.

Hi Bro,,, 

i really like rabbit hunting ,,, we use to go rabbit hunting during the midnight ... here in Iraq usually most of the wild animals will be appearing at night ,,, 

i still like Benji Mord so much .... it was my 1st PCP i owned in 2012,,and last year i sold it out ,,, it was really very accurate ,,,i usually did head shots in most of my hunting ...especially when i hunted starlings in summer ,,, ,, 

i wanted to upgrade it to a 500cc bottle/cylinder .... and install a regulator then change the barrel to LW barrel,,,, but i changed my plan and i ordered an Edgun Long .22cal 

this year i ordered two more Edguns ,,, one .25cal Long and .22cal STD ... 

but very soon one of my best friend came and took my .25cal Edgun ,,,what to do??!!! 

now i own a STD .22cal Edung with the Edgun scope 10X44 SF ... and Long .22cal Edgun with Hawke 8.5-25-X42 SF scope ,,both very accurate and i really like them,, 

good job,,,wish to see more pics f rabbit hunting from you,,, 

Hemn ,M 
Kurdistan Region of Iraq 

I used to shoot bunnies in Kalgoorlie, but moving to Darwin, no rabbits here! Even down in Alice the calici virus seems to have wiped big mobs out, hardly ever see a bunny these days there. They certainly are tough, I remember 30 years ago we ran out of money but had a couple of boxes of .243 handloads and 3/4 tank of fuel, went out to get some dinner and all we saw was rabbits, mate shot one and blew it in half...heart was still beating....suffice to say we didn't come home with anything to eat. That rabbit you shot was dead, it's just his body hadn't quite caught up with the fact.

Nice shooting BTW!

Yeah the shroud isn't OEM. Here in Oz we aren't allowed anything that moderates the report of the gun. The OEM shroud is classified as an incomplete suppressor so therefore it has to be removed. This carbon fiber shroud ports the air forward as opposed to the OEM shroud which ports the air back into the shroud which in turn moderates the report.

The reason the OEM shroud is classified as Incomplete, is due to the baffles being taken out. If they were left in, it'd be classified as a suppressed weapon and therefore would be illegal unless I had a specific permit which is extremely difficult to get.

So, in general speak - our laws are a bit stupid, and they have to modify the gun in stupid ways so we can have them. The only way we can have an OEM shroud is if it is integral to the guns operation like the semi auto FX's that use the left over air to cycle the next round.