• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Kudos To Air Force

Back during early Covid I butted heads with some of the folks over at Air Force. At that time they were over loaded and apparently under staffed and I suppose management was frazzled. I came away with the taste of manure, complained here, and was shutdown. I think unfairly but that doesn't matter, except that it is worth mentioning.

I was loath to deal with them directly again. I needed a part for the TopHat assembly and decided to get one on AliExpress. Yeah, I was that loath. I got the part and the price was excellent, shipping took a month, and it was exactly what I needed but was going to involve pressing out the fitting the bottle screws into and pressing in a new one. I had not realized that when I made the purchase.

Yesterday I decided to give AF a shot because all I really needed was the delrin "stopper" valve which attaches to the base of the tophat. I called AF and their system took my number. I also sent them an email. The email got the quicker response (FYI).

A couple of hours later I received a callback from Rachael. She was professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. She told me things about my rifle I did not know myself. Mine is an old one from 2010. Anyway we spent about 20 minutes on the phone and I was able to order exactly what I wanted, bill it to my card and I will have it in a week or less. I expect I will see it Saturday or Monday.

Moral of the story? Don't write anyone off the first time you butt heads with them. Give them as many chances as you wish they would give you.

Thank you, Rachael, it was a real pleasure. You renewed my faith in Air Force.
Mike