• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kral Puncher bigmax .177 or Impact .177 Barrel & probe kit?

Hey guys, I was looking to get a .177 PCP rifle and really like the new Kral air rifle line up that they recently introduced. I am really digging the Puncher Bigmax in .177 or i was just thinking of getting the extra .177 probe for my impact as they both cost about the same with extra mags and all. What do you guys think about the Kral airgun brand? is it good? quality? accuracy? Good customer service? should i buy or pass? any other nice .177 air rifles that you guys would recommend? shoot me a pm on some advice or e mail me here as well [email protected] thanks fellas : )

Mark

Not quite sure about Kral customer service yet. I plan on getting a bigmax in 22 cal pretty soon. As far as getting a 17 cal setup for your Impact, would you have to re-dial it in after a caliber change? Me personally, once I get a gun shooting great I like to leave it alone. Another option you might consider is a 17 cal Hatsan Nova. I have a 22 cal in that model and I am very happy with the accuracy and shot count. For an unregulated gun I get a very good ES and mine is set at around 32 FPE with 18 gr JSB pellets and I get more than 80 shots. I say 80 because that is where I stopped the string, but it was still shooting very consistent at 80 shots.

I would definitely need to redial it in for sure. When i got my impact it had a .25 caliber set up on it and once i put the .22 set up, i had to rescope and redial. I too prefer to buy a gun, scope it in and leave it alone..makes much more sense this way. I do have a Hatsan Galatian in .22 and that gun is amazing!! very powerful gun with 18 shots in .22, i will be checking out the Nova and see what else they got. I like Kral because i really like the look of their rifles and they don't break the bank plus i have had people recommend me them in the past. 

I have a satin and walnut Galatian in 22 cal. Mine have the valve modified and I dropped a regulator with a large plenum in. I have it tuned to shoot the 18 gr JSBs for an average of 895 fps and I get 56 shots on the regulator. Truthfully, it compares favorably with any of my guns as far as accuracy. I am very interested in how the Kral will shoot at long range. I talked to Troy Hammer who is pretty much the know guy when it comes to Krals and he has been doing some amazing things with them. He got a Jumbo that he has replaced the barrel and tuned to shot 55 fpe and get 30 shots and think it will stand next to any PCP.

.a thimble does a few amazing things and only raw and Thomas offer it from the factory.
trust me it will amazing you if you are looking for top accuracy.
never herd of it before?
​you need to learn about it if not... I bought a raw bm500 177 and I'm amazed with it after only using it for 2 weeks.
​all top match shooters would want a thimble if they coukd get one on their rifles.

​give martin a call at raw and he will find you in.. but a raw bm500 is not cheap

Thanks for the info on the thimble will look it up as it sounds interesting but i don't think RAW weapons are backyard friendly? i have an airgun buddy that lives in Florida and he tells me that you need to shoot that in the range or out in the woods where there are no neighbors around. 

On another note, i did have a few people that keep suggesting the Air arms S510 ultimate shorter.......OR........the FX Streamline ? what would be the best pick? 

Mark

Hi Aa_limited. 
Do you think it would be better to say that a rifle that allows you to index the barrel is really what you are after. 
Correct me if I'm wrong but that is what a thimble allows you to do. The only reason I say this is because other rifles do allow you to index the barrel and don't have a thimble like my HW100. 
Im not doubting the amazing quality of the RAW or the advantages of barrel indexing but think it a bit confusing to just refer to the thimble only. 
Michael

"Renegade_626"Thanks for the info on the thimble will look it up as it sounds interesting but i don't think RAW weapons are backyard friendly? i have an airgun buddy that lives in Florida and he tells me that you need to shoot that in the range or out in the woods where there are no neighbors around. 
Mark
My RAW is very backyard friendly. It shoots the 25 gr at 905 fps and the 34 gr at 820 fps so that's 45 and 50 FPE. Even though it's very powerful it's very quiet.