• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Kalibrgun Tactical 60 indexing problem

Hi , 

I've just received my Kalibrgun Cricket Tactical 60 in 22 cal. this morning . I put a full magazine in and , after the first shot , the sidelever was stuck , imposible to move it forwards . I turned the magazine by hand a bit and the gun fired. then , same problem : the indexing didn't work properly . I also noticed that the action was not smooth at all . It seems that the indexing lever doesn't catch the notches of the magazine properly , too much on the external side .

I took a magazine from my 6 years old Cricket , put it in the Tactical and things went a bit better , but not yet perfectly , with some "miscyclings"

I wonder if others owners of this gun get the same issue , and how did they fix it ? It's a bit sad for a gun from maker such Kalibrgun . All my others Kalibrgun airguns work flawlessly .

Mike

Hi , 

I've just received my Kalibrgun Cricket Tactical 60 in 22 cal. this morning . I put a full magazine in and , after the first shot , the sidelever was stuck , imposible to move it forwards . I turned the magazine by hand a bit and the gun fired. then , same problem : the indexing didn't work properly . I also noticed that the action was not smooth at all . It seems that the indexing lever doesn't catch the notches of the magazine properly , too much on the external side .

I took a magazine from my 6 years old Cricket , put it in the Tactical and things went a bit better , but not yet perfectly , with some "miscyclings"

I wonder if others owners of this gun get the same issue , and how did they fix it ? It's a bit sad for a gun from maker such Kalibrgun . All my others Kalibrgun airguns work flawlessly .

Mike

Hi sorry to hear about your problem , just curious who did you buy your gun from ?

Thanks .

I bought it from Krale , in Netherlands ( I live in Belgium) . I get about a dozen airguns from Krale and never had a issue. I think the problem comes from the indexing system ; when I push the side lever forwards I can see that the magazine rotates a bit , which causes the pellet to not be in line with the barrel chamber , and this prevents the side lever to be closed. I didn't investigate much on this problem today , maybe this could be easy to fix after some reflexion .

Anyway I saw this problem occuring on a YouTube video , .same rifle . After some shots the guy had to turn the magazine to correct the alignement with the barrel.

Well , after trying to fix the indexing problems on my Kalibrgun Tactical without succes , I put the spare magazine sold with the gun and , well , things are going better , just a faulty indexing from time to time . So I inspected both magazines but cannot see any differences between them ; the indexing notches on these magazines seem a bit larger than those of my previous Kalibrgun . I can't explain what's going wrong with one of the two magazines , just note that the gun doesn't like it.

I have heard of the indexing problem.....I know when my gun came from Charlie Frear at Georgia Airguns we discussed possible "tweaks" to correct it if it had a problem. Maybe bend some thingy a bit. It was 6 months ago. I took the gun apart but I don't remember enough about it. I don't think it's that common but you might give Charlie a call. He even did a really nice "porting" job on the barrel transfer port that I know helped when I tested it against another barrel I played with. My Cricket Tach .22 500mm is a very sweet gun and a keeper. Don't give up on it...just fix it !

Cheers,Scott

Edit: Darn I just realized you are from across the pond. Gotta be a "Charlie" over there to give you a hand LOL....

also make sure the loading rod isnt pushing the pellet so far into the barrel take rear cheek part out plus right side lever cover load a magazine so it loads a pellet on safety, pull barrel to see how far the pellet is getting pushed into the barrel should be a tad in front of the transfer port on the barrel. there is 2 small allen screws that hold the rod from rotating, this is a must check 

I’ve had the same issue with mine but only with one of the four magazines. I might mention it to Charles Frear as I am having a different issue looked at with on my C2Tact .22 long. After storing since last summer, I found regulator on zero and unable to get it to fill. Plus I ant to see if there is anything that can be done for the hammer “ping”. Man that ping is loud.

Yes , the ping is really the only noise I notice when I shoot ...apart from this the gun is really quiet ; mine is fitted with a small Huma moderator and an air stripper . But it would be nice to get rid of this ping ... don't know how .
About accuracy , the gun is a shooter ....here is my first attempt at 100 yards 😁
IMG_1580.JPG

Reactions: eduardo65reyes