• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kalibrgun Capybara

Hi

Today I'd ordered a Kalibrgun Capybara. I didn't want to start this topic now because there is 30% chance of I won't get what I paid and I can't do anything about it.

Thursday to Monday it will arrive.

I think it's the best gun for me. it's extremely reliable unlike my previous guns. I had cricket and my friends had it too. They said cricket is the most reliable gun that they ever had and I agree with that too. Also it's extremely accurate with any pellet. But trigger... I need a year to forget my FXs trigger, I hope it will better than cricket which I never fell comfortable with it.

Also I wanted to buy a Vulcan 2 or Uragan but my friend has one and I didn't like it at all. floppy plastic trigger and loud (why that loud?) Also hard to repair with it small hex screw.

I know capybara is quiet but I want more so I want to order a short but harder spring and change it with it own spring to make it's hammer floating or maybe a neodymium magnet instead of spring. And someone that I know had done s.th with his cricket, he made a new trigger which had one stage pull weight of 50 grams and 1 to 2 mm travel. But again each time he wanted to shoot he had reposition the trigger.

But now I have some picture of my gun that they send to me :)

?dl=0

?dl=0

?dl=0

?dl=0

If I touch my gun I will send a review.

How do you know it's reliable? This gun has been advertised for a long time but took forever to come to market and we still can't them here in the United States. I loved the Colibri but I had to buy 5 or 6 of them to find some that worked reliably and even then, every one of them still had some minor issues. It's a very accurate and fun gun to shoot but it's definitely one of the quirkiest guns I've ever owned.

Given the history of the Colibri and the fact that Kalibrgun took so long to bring the Capybara to market, I don't have high hopes that it will be a great model. Maybe I'm setting my expectation low so I won't be disappointed but, as is, I'm not interested in getting one. I'll let them make their way to the US and have other be the guinea pig to QA the rifle. I'm not expecting much from this gun at this time.

Also, I've owned the original Vulcan bullpup and currently have the Vulcan2 bullpup and it's hard to find a rifle that's any more accurate or reliable than a Vulcan. The Vulcan isn't any louder than any other PCP that I've owned. The capybara is going to be quieter if it's a 0.22 caliber like the Colibri but if you compare it to a 0.22 Vulcan, the report will be roughly comparable.

How do you know it's reliable? This gun has been advertised for a long time but took forever to come to market and we still can't them here in the United States. I loved the Colibri but I had to buy 5 or 6 of them to find some that worked reliably and even then, every one of them still had some minor issues. It's a very accurate and fun gun to shoot but it's definitely one of the quirkiest guns I've ever owned.

Given the history of the Colibri and the fact that Kalibrgun took so long to bring the Capybara to market, I don't have high hopes that it will be a great model. Maybe I'm setting my expectation low so I won't be disappointed but, as is, I'm not interested in getting one. I'll let them make their way to the US and have other be the guinea pig to QA the rifle. I'm not expecting much from this gun at this time.

Also, I've owned the original Vulcan bullpup and currently have the Vulcan2 bullpup and it's hard to find a rifle that's any more accurate or reliable than a Vulcan. The Vulcan isn't any louder than any other PCP that I've owned. The capybara is going to be quieter if it's a 0.22 caliber like the Colibri but if you compare it to a 0.22 Vulcan, the report will be roughly comparable.

I have a Vulcan and it is a great gun, but if I use a moderator the ping noise in my ear is annoying. I rarely use the moderator due to this. Mine is the Gen 4. Agree on the Colibri, I loved mine, was just so sweet to shoot. But after 3 times sending it back, we finally parted company. I also agree why in the world did it take the Capybara so long to get to market? 

I have a Vulcan and it is a great gun, but if I use a moderator the ping noise in my ear is annoying. I rarely use the moderator due to this. Mine is the Gen 4. Agree on the Colibri, I loved mine, was just so sweet to shoot. But after 3 times sending it back, we finally parted company. I also agree why in the world did it take the Capybara so long to get to market?

Slip a smallish (big enough to elongate when squashed and not bind on the coils though) lubricated o-ring into the middle of the spring that resets the cocking lever inside the action. It sits just to the side of the hammer spring and resonates when the hammer hits. Caused 95% of all ping in my gen4. The oring sorted that out completely.

my gen 4 vulcan has on both springs a short piece of some kind of plastic tubing / hose

that was factory made - i did not installed these!

Yes, I was part of the group of early Vulcan owners that had to figure out to put some surgical tubing and o-rings around or in the various springs to reduce the ping. Once done, it made the sound much better. AGT started shipping the Vulcan Gen3/4's with those extra parts already installed at the factory once they saw all the DIYer's doing it.

Slip a smallish (big enough to elongate when squashed and not bind on the coils though) lubricated o-ring into the middle of the spring that resets the cocking lever inside the action. It sits just to the side of the hammer spring and resonates when the hammer hits. Caused 95% of all ping in my gen4. The oring sorted that out completely.

Will try that, Thanx

I receive it 😃

In box was a gun, two mag, adapter and hand book.

At first it had 50 bar air in it. So I recharged it and filling port is not that good but not a big deal.

It charge slower than cricket.

So when I started to shoot with it, Both of magazines didn't fit it! they didn't machined well.

Ok then I wanted to change cooking leaver to the right side but after I screwed it in I couldn't cook the gun so I changed it back.

Then after 8 to 10 shoot cooking leaver stocked. No move at all!

So I disassembled it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qokse55qc2xwuzb/IMG_0603.HEIC?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/076twhep13hcvsr/IMG_0604.HEIC?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i896qd4yb7avtnq/IMG_0606.HEIC?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0o89rhuqs86mohu/IMG_0607.HEIC?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/52s9l7n2z0pi50q/IMG_0605.HEIC?dl=0

This gun is not a well made one. And this price tag is high!

Even all parts were dirty and no one clean or lubricants them.

Chick pec glued to gun with two side adhesive tap.

Some parts were rusted! what kind of steel are they?

So I fixed it after four hours and It works now.

Mag is still an issue, how ever I could fit them in gun, but gun won't work as it should with them.

After polishing and lubing cooking leaver is still pain in my ass. It's so heavy. and with mag gun won't cook easily.

And cylinder is too small.

By the way I couldn't empty it's cylinder when it had 200 bar pressure in it so I'v done every thing with pressurize cylinder 😱

Over all I expect a lot more.it's not like leaking that kind of normal thing in PCP. I paid 1375 US dollar for it not 375$

So

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6ro43j1ef3m8pn/IMG_0609.HEIC?dl=0

Here I am now 😓

But let's talk about good part

It's beautiful and well balanced.

As you know most of bullpup us a rod to link trigger. This gun has 4 linking rod and most of them aren't straight but I don't know how it's the best trigger I'v ever used in bullpup in my life (Even better than impact). It's one stage and no movement at all even a millimeter! Pull weight is 300 to 500 grams (I have to measure it). But down side is no adjustment.

Unlike cricket shroud could be open with two screws.

It feels good in hand and it hight is short which feels different.

Stock is better than cricket. wood quality is better and smother than cricket. still not as good as British guns but better than old one.

tomorrow I will corno it and share the result. I hope this one goes well.

I used to FX low noises but it is louder. But I think now it set on higher than 40 Joules or maybe because of it's loudness I think that.

Reactions: mmahoney
Ok new update:

Today I disassembled it again. And removed barrel too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7ok0z4sncz4zk1/IMG_0613.HEIC?dl=0

It's barrel has 4 port

https://www.dropbox.com/s/28thtka7xwyz47f/IMG_0614.HEIC?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eoavbty8cmu6ep8/IMG_0615.MOV?dl=0

So at this time I focused at the problem

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hw29wqi2kwq8bt/IMG_0616.HEIC?dl=0

And polished it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yn2lb3kv2jl941f/IMG_0619.HEIC?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ea4cuusn87kzu0/IMG_0620.HEIC?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwpa8k8jt8xbj5t/IMG_0621.HEIC?dl=0

I used 800, 2500 and 5000 sand paper plus car polish. The barrel was glass clear.

Then used black-vitriol to make it black again.

Also add more grease to some part, clean the barrel, polishing some other parts and resembled it.

It work great now :)

Also I corny it today.

Result was good but with it's sound I thought I would get 60 joules instead of 40 joules. I have an idea for that. Let me try it.

Over all after 10 hours of working on it I think it's ready now. But I could buy a bobcat or Uragan with this money which works perfectly at least for a year.

I won't recommend to buy this gun but now I have it and I will keep working on it instead of changing it until I found myself tired 😉

Hi again.

Today I went out and do some shooting with it.

Chrono test reveled it produce 47 joules with JSB exact heavy and 48 joules with Baracuda match.

I used 3-9X Leupold scope and that was the only option for today but I will do some targeting with 5-30 MTC this Sunday. Any way I did some targeting and optic was the limitation.

My thought:

First, this gun has a quality that I can't explain but it has a good feeling. I hate that they made this lovely gun like a trash.

When I compare this gun to it's rang priced guns it won't has lot's of things to offer like:

When I pay some money I would expect some thing like when I pay 600$ I would expect a gun like HW97 that comes with noting except a gun or a Pcp Kral with hard case, hand pump, scope, and etc.

For this gun bobcat is at same price which has ST barrel, smooth finish, good QC, power wheel, two manometer, high air efficiency, high quality stock and low noise.

Or Fx dream line with STX barrel, changeable calibre, external regulator adjustment, good QC, two power wheel, smooth finish, two manometer, high air efficiency and changeable stock.

Or Daystate renegade with electronic trigger, really good QC, air efficiency, even better stock and high reliability.

As I can see higher the quality lower the option. So this gun most be the most well made gun in it's price tag with it's non extra option which is not.

But now after rebuilding this gun if I had to chose between capybara and impact mk2 I would choose capybara. Maybe because it's new to me or impact was too boring for me or it has kind of attracting quality.

Hi again.

Today I could try this gun with 5-30 MTC viper pro.

I couldn't take a picture but I wana try again next week and I will take some picture then.

So at first I'v done some grouping. CTC was about 1cm at 50 meters which was good to me. It was as good as cricket.

But my friend ask me about speed and I said 283m/s (I used to this speed because my impact and bobcat shoot their best groups at this speed). So every thing was normal to me but he said let's slow it down to 270 so I powered it down to 271m/s.

At that speed group shifted higher which means all of my previous shoots were plinking. And CTC decreased to 4mm.

I Think this gun is more accurate than cricket and the reason is: 1_ I has 48 cm barrel instead of 44 cm, 2_ Air port upgraded, 3_ I heard this gun use CZ barrel instead of LW barrel which used in cricket, 4_ trigger is better than cricket, 5_ It's longer than cricket

But still I got some problem with it first was the mag which didn't cycled well some times and rarely some thing blocks hammer and speed get down about 80 to 90 m/s and I don't know why. Next time I would pick my toolbox up to handle issue

Final update

I get new hammer spring which is 7mm shorter but for making it 1.3mm iron rod used instead of 1.1mm.

With this hammer spring maximum power I could achieve is 33 joules and 238m/s with JSB exact heavy.

tolerance up to 4m/s which is acceptable.

So the good thing is: with old spring and 47 joules I could get 40 shoots (4.7 bar for each shoot) but now with new spring and 33 joules I could achieve 126 shoots! (now each shoot use 1.5 bar) and noise cut in half.

I thought I'v done with fixing it but apparently I'm not.

So new update:

1: I took out screw after the regulator but manometer could not fit there but I have an idea to add a plenum then add manometer to it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgta98zecpsabhy/IMG_0640.HEIC?dl=0

?dl=0

I could add 25cc with this design. Maybe I upgrade to 25grain JSB pellet.

2: I found trigger could be two stage. A screw will do that. last picture in front of first linkage shaft is that screw.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1pb7caa72ktx2g/IMG_0641.HEIC?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9m055177gazr8s/IMG_0642.HEIC?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qoi5rzu5izpj4nc/IMG_0643.HEIC?dl=0

3: Inside shroud are 8 baffles (more or less). Unlike cricket they made out of a flat plate which is the cheapest way to make them. I have no idea how to make one because I need a baffle with one side square and the other side circle. Only if I make it like pyramid, then add a small flat part to change square shape to 6mm ring.

Or I can use spring and one or two baffles. So each time the air put tension on baffles, they will compress spring behind them. In the time spring move back air goes out slower. I have a friend who can simulate it and tell me the result.

Hi.

I'm opening this topic again after a long time.

So I was shooting this gun for about five months.

My thoughts is: It's a great gun now, I use JSBs only now days and throw away all other brands. I had some issues but they all solved after time, some of them due to some work and other because of use that make's parts and joints smoother. The idea and design was good but making and assembling it had done carelessly.

It is accurate and unlike cricket I had never experience POI shift with this gun. If I couldn't hit the target I am the one who is to blame not the gun. trigger is in middle of the way not good and not bad (better than cricket and vulcan but not as good as FXs). Feeling is good and I love using this gun. Shoot count is low and it's noisy but it's solid like a rock.

So If I had an option to choose one of the gun that I had before I think capybara is better than impact or cricket but I would choose bobcat with out a doubt. I don't care on a bench in perfect condition how well could it shoot or etc.

The important thing for me is when I pull the trigger in any condition with or with out rest and after a long time that my gun left aside my target fall down.