• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Just workin

My dad came up to me this afternoon after doing our various jobs on the dairy and he told me I need to really shoot pigeons. They've been getting bad in our milk barn again and time to really thin down again. So I want to post on here what I all get through the days so I know how many it is. The guns are my Evol Mini and Notos.

20230926_174210.jpg

Today I got 7 pigeons and 2 sparrows in about 15 min. Only got 4 pigeons recovered

20230926_171744.jpg

From your farm truck photo those are WORKING guns, tools in the truest sense of the word. Most airgunners baby their PCPs and consider them objects of endearment, to be enjoyed, coddled, and then spotshined back to perfection prior to gently placing them in their dedicated safe place.

But not Dillon.

I've spent some time in farm trucks and they're tough place for a PCP to live, dirt and dust and heat and cold and bouncing around. Windows get left open all the time, day or night, rain or shine. I can only remember my uncle cleaning any of his farm trucks one time in the last 30 years, at least that I witnessed. And that "cleaning" was to blow the dust out with an air wand on a compressor, and only cuz he happened to already have the wand out to blow out the filter on a tractor. Can't believe the cloud of dust that came rolling out of that truck.

I love it. Really gives a sense of the toughness of the tools you've chosen for the pesting task. Almost on the level of Dana's torture test, but of course not quite.

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah Cole you know I preach around about needing guns that don't change POI after a bump or if they get blown by the wind lol that's because these guns are tools to me. No I don't go around banging them on things but they do get bumped and dirty and bounce around. I know alot would be appalled to see what my guns go through. That's why the only guns I'd really buy through my experiences anymore would be the Evol line, Taipan Veteran 1 line and the R5M line. Threaded barreled and tubed guns. Just my preference. Other great guns out there this is just what I prefer. Uragans, Vulcan 3 and Crickets are great also but not my preference. I do try to keep them nice though best I can but stuff happens lol. Here's my childhood break barrel, Daisy Winchester 1000X. I got in 4th grade. She was rode hard and put up wet but never let me down. About a 30lb trigger pull lol not sure how I ever shot it as a kid but my cousin and I shot hundreds of birds probably in the thousands with ours. Life's rough on a farm 🤣
20230929_064031.jpg
20230929_064042.jpg

The Athlon 2-12x42 look fantastic on the evol. How do you rank that Athlon as far as hunting scopes go.
Thanks! I think so too. It's been my favorite hunting scope I've owned. I regularly shoot pigeons out to 100yds with it on 6x no problem. This is about 95yds on 6x. Keeps it so I have a ton of FOV. Also I can oddly see most pellets flying even at low power. The reticle keeps has the rough holdovers compared to my Helos 4-20 which has way more. It helps me get what I need without clutter where I need higher magnification to see what's what exactly.

PS not as clear through my phone, my phone case has scratches over where my lenses are and i cropped the picture quite a bit with zoom. Scopes much much clearer than my pics do justice
20230925_161220.jpg