• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Just received my new Wildcat gotta say WOW..

Irish

Feb 26, 2016
WA
So I just received my new FX Wildcat in .25 with FX No Limit scope mounts, Hawke Sidewinder Tactical 6.5-20×42, and all i have to say is WOW.. I ordered from AoA, and I think they did a great job. The scope rail was marked with tape on it, I just set the scope on the rail where the tape was, tightened it up, and fired 8 shots, and punched the center mark out of my target without any adjustments at all. I am really impressed with this gun. First off this is my first PCP so take my observations with a grain of salt. 

So the Good:
- The gun is very comfortable to shoulder, just tucks right in, and feels very natural, it is also very comfortable and easy to acquire a target without searching for the proper eye relief.
- The stock feels very durable and has a silky rubbery feel to it. The overall look and finish is top notch, very sharp looking rifle.
- Length. I was worried about the length a little bit, was thinking maybe I should have gone for the .22 with it's 29" length. I am shooting out of a UTV. But I tell ya this thing is very comfortable and I don't think I'll have any problems at all. Hell it's about 4 feet shorter thank my RX-2. That thing is like pointing a fence post at something.
- The magazine system seems very easy to load and use "One handed ease".
- Love the cocking lever, very easy to use while the rifle is still shouldered.
- The power is just wow. I had a half inch piece of hardwood shelving material as my backstop that I was using with my .22 Beeman RX-2, and shot many rounds into it without it deforming the back of the board. First shot with .25 in a clean portion of the board punctured it. I have not chrono'd it but AoA says it's shooting about 910 fps.
- I like the trigger, it has a nice two stage in my opinion. It's easy to move through the first stage, and has a very positive second stage, no jerking.
- Hawke Sidewinder Tactical 6.5-20×42. Nice scope, very clear and easy to adjust, great zoom range.
- mRodAir Airmax Extreme compressor. Pretty nice compressor especially for the price. Looks like UPS might have beaten it up a little bit. A couple of wire were broken free. Michael at mRodAir was very helpful with pictures, and very prompt with replies. Compressor so far works like a dream.
- Airguns of Arizona, seem to have done a pretty good job for me. The helped a noob who knows nothing about PCP's, get a rifle and everything I need. Everything was packaged very well, and shipped in a timely manner. Scope was already setup. It literally took me longer to unbox everything than to put the rifle together and fire the first shot on target.

The HoHum:
- The gun feels very top heavy with the scope on it, not a huge deal once you get used to it. This is my first bullpup so I need to get used to the balance. Gotta be careful when setting the gun down and picking it up that it doesn't topple over on me.
- It's quieter than my RX-2 but not as quiet as I was expecting after reading people comments and watching videos. Don't get me wrong it's still plenty quiet for backyard and indoor use (I target shoot in my shop), but I guess I was expecting it to be a tad bit quieter. Maybe my expectations were skewed.
- I know a ton of the PCP's are like this but I don't like the idea of looking down the barrel to see what the remaining pressure is.
- The stock does have a little bit of movement in it between the barrel and the front of the stock. Not a huge deal, and I have no idea if this will affect me in anyway, but I notice it when I pick the gun up. Little bit of creek and tweak.
- UPS Did a good job of delivering my rifle from AoA, but it looks like they drop kicked my compressor from mRodAir
- EagleVision Camera/Scope mount. I don't know who's fault this is (Hawke/EagleVision/AoA). So the unit looks very nice and looks like it works well. However Hawke just updated their scope with a larger eyepiece so now the part that EagleVision suggests for my scope, no longer fits, and AoA sold it to me anyway (of course I ordered this stuff before I figured this out). Once I get this resolved I'm sure the mount will be moved up to the Good section.

The not so good:
- Hand pumps suck... I should have planned out my purchase better. I purchased the rifle with a 3-stage hand pump, but I ordered my equipment in mid February. Since that time I have done a lot of reading and ended up purchasing a mrod Airmax compressor. Got both the rifle and the compressor this week. So last night for giggles I plugged in the hand pump and started pumping. I got about 50 pumps into it (about 15 bar) and then said screw this, and plugged in the compressor. One minute later rifle is full. Should have planned that out better, could have saved myself $250. I don't think I will ever use that pump again. Oh well..
- Magazines are expensive. Although I have heard the Wildcat ones are considered cheap compared to others. It just kills me that a little piece of machined metal with a ball bearing and a couple o-rings cost $40 when I can buy a SCAR 17 magazine or pretty much any pistol mag, for the same price.

So that is my ramble. Very happy with my purchase so far. I am going to be using this rifle to do pest control on my property, and maybe others. This rifle will be sooooooo much easier to use than my RX-2. I have not shot more than about 4 mags through it yet and only at about 20 yards. I live in a desert, and wouldn't ya know it rained all day yesterday when I received the rifle. I hope to stretch it out to 100 yards this weekend, and of course take some shots at some ground squirrels. 

Well thanks for listening or actually reading.

Irish

I think you're right, all of the reviews I read about the Vulcan seem to be good. Once I get it and put about 500 pallets down the barrel I'll do a big write up about it similar to yours. I'm very interested to see how that air compressor turns out in the long run, I have been thinking about a compressor for a while and it looks to be about the cheapest option available and not take three days to fill a medium-sized air cylinder .