• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Just purchased a New FX Wildcat .25 cal

I just bought new 25 cal Wildcat. This will be my first new PCP so I'm trying to find out what needs to be done before shooting. I have my scope and rings ready to go šŸ˜„ I want to clean it real good, and get ready to go, need recommendations on a bi-pod mount, that will work with he syn. stock. I have Kral Puncher Breaker I bought used and tuned by Travis Whitney, it shoot ver well 1-1.5 inch groups @ 50yrds all day. I think it will shoot much better than the nut with the burger hook on the trigger. I have 3 scopes that I think will work on it, the Millet 4x16x50 50 mm tactical, a Leatherwood 8x32x50 30 mm tube. I also have a Primary Arms 4-16x44 3mm tube, it is new in the box, a gift from a friend. .?? I'm using Fx unlimited rings 30mm.Ā 
I'm looking forward to unpacking it and get after the bunnies, and prairie rats.
thanks for any help
CH

On my wildcat I used the Atlas bt-15 rail because it is slightly concave and fits the stock perfectly. Drilled the holes 9/64 and used 10-24 stainless machine screws. It was rock solid. You can add t-nuts on the imside of the stock for more security but not necessary imo unless you plan on using the rail for a sling also. Have fun with your first pcp!

Congratulations with an excellent choiceĀ for your first new PCP. As far as the scope goes, it would be your own personal choice, whatever you find you are able to shoot the best with but you'll want somethingĀ to helpĀ you can wring every bit of accuracy on that WC. My eyes are kinda old and I find that I do better with a higher magnification ... but it's only a good choice if your hands are steady and you don't puck up a lot of pulse through the scopeĀ ... if you pick up a lot of your pulse with your Leatherwood, you might want to drop it down a little. I am finding the Aztec Emerald 5.5-25x50 to be my best choice at around $400 ... tracksĀ excellent ...Ā holds POI wonderfully ... no sloppiness at all in turret adjustment ... reticle is a target shooters dream come true with fine lines and 40 POA for elevation ( 10 above and 30 below the center dot )Ā ... no IR. Took my Sidewinder 8-32x56 off and put it on my Impact and am using the Aztec on the WC. My gun shot great right out of the box ... and by great I mean everything on a dime at 65 yards. The trigger on mine was exactly what I wanted with a fairly long first stage and a chrisp, clean second stage that breaks between 8 and 10 oz. Got a DonnyFL Sumo moderator on the front, a bi-pod rail and a custom paint job from Utah Air. Mine came from Utah Air withĀ a huge amount ofĀ packing grease in the barrel so I spent a lot of time getting everything cleaned out, but it was worth it. Anyway, I'm sure you are going to be happy with your WC and I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised at the accuracy that that gun is able to give without a whole lot of tweaking. Stay Chilly!

"Tweeter"On my wildcat I used the Atlas bt-15 rail because it is slightly concave and fits the stock perfectly. Drilled the holes 9/64 and used 10-24 stainless machine screws. It was rock solid. You can add t-nuts on the imside of the stock for more security but not necessary imo unless you plan on using the rail for a sling also. Have fun with your first pcp!
I do have an Atlas bi pod that is not doing anything right now. So the rail is agood idea. Thanks, I'll get one on order.
CH

Hi Likkitysplit.
I'm 67 now myself, so I know about aging eyes. The Milite has the best glass I think, of the 3 scopes. I been using the Leatherwood Hi Lux on my 10/22 Ruger. It is ok up to about 20 or 22x but it is not quiet as good at higher mag. I thought about buying a new scope for it but for time being I can get by with what I got. I was thinking that the Hawke scopes would get the most out the gun, but I want to see how I like the gun first. I have a Vortex on the Kral PB. I'll look at the Aztec. See what the specs are.
Thanks for the input.
CH

UTAH AIR HAS A RAIL ADAPTER MODULAR EVOLUTION BIPOD ADAPTER $25 i just got my wild cat a month ago and UA installed this for me its a good one ,,my ATLAS knock off works perfect and has flush cup capabilitys also a swivle stud for a strap ,,check them out there not open till monday,,, they went to EBR ,,,good luck this is a nice rail i think it would make you happy comes with needed hardware pat

Yo HighAltAir ... guess what ... I'm 67 also (as of July 25th). The thing about the Hawke scopes (at least the one Sidewinder I own) is the clarity of the glass. First time I looked through mine (even on 32 X )Ā the sceneryĀ looked better, clearer, sharper than it did in reality. No chromatic aberration or fogging around the edges ... the sight picture was perfect in every way possible. However, I have had problems with the scope tracking and holding POA. The first Aztec I got was great every way except it was foggy as heck, sent it back and they sent me another one and this one is just what the doctor ordered. The glass is still not as clear as the Hawke, but it's not that far off. If the Aztec had Hawke glass in it, I would easily pay $650 to $700 for that scope. I'm using a UTG 360 Recon on the WC and it works perfectly with the rail that Utah Air put on it. I'd like to have an Atlas, but I have a hard time justifying spending that much on any bi-pod.

ā€‹Pat ... have they told you when you are going to get your WC back?

Wow talk about service, the brown Santa dropped a box from Airgun depot,. It as new FX Wildcat inside.Ā Way to go Airgun Depot, you have a new customer for life.ā€‹ Waiting on the other stuff to come now like rings, and a new Aztec 5.5-25x50 I looked at a lot of scopes and the only one that had reticle and turret clicks together was this one and I like the low profile turrets.
Thanks for all the input.
CH

This is mine. I have an MTC Viper Connect (zero eye relief) on mine. It is for squirrel hunting and I don't need a bi-pod for that.
339ab0da54d9cf69a03e58c17baa07e3.jpg

Bowwild
That is an interesting scope never seen one with two reticles. Trying to understand how that would work, seems like a ver complicated scope. I have to have simple things at my age. It's hard for to remember what I had for breakfast this morning, trying to remember what the other reticle is for would be a problem.:) I am the KISS type myself. LOL. That is why I ordered the Aztec 5.5-25x50 scope I don't even have to convert mil to moa with it just range and shoot. I would like to here about that scope you have?Ā 
Thanks for the input.
CH

Hi Matt
Just sent a PM about those great mag holders on your Wildcat. I like those a lot! Also I am wondering about the LDC on the end of your barrel. I have a Air Wolf LDC on my Kral Pucher Breaker, It quiets it down to 59 db on my Etech sound meter. It is longer but not as big around. I have not tested or chronographed the FX or even filled the FX yet. I want to clean the barrel first and get the bipod rail mounted. I'm putting the Atlas BT15 rail on and mounting a BT10 bi pod. Then I'll wait for my ajustable rings and the Aztec Emerald scope.Ā 
Nice Wildcat you have there.
CH

Ā Something about the Wildcat that just make me feel it needs to be carried and taken for a stalk and go for target practice or pesting at a local farm. Once I get it slinged on the Ready and get my hand around the grip, it feels like itā€™s one with my body. Just the word Smooth Twist gives me the confidence that each shot is almost predictable leaving no doubts on where itā€™s going to hit. If you feel that way about an Airgun, then youā€™re good to go šŸ‘šŸ½

Cleaning the barrel is a good idea. Just in case anything was left behind. If you do not want to remove the barrel, take extra precautions and peek down the barrel to inspect after cleaning. Most, of not all Wildcat prefer wet lubed pellets. About 8-10 drops of say FP-10 in a plastic sandwich bag, evenly spread out the oil inside the bag before pouring the pellets in and slowly massaging the pellets seems to work for me. This is after cleaning the pellets, of course. Ive tried wax lube before, but my WC gave me attitude. JSB seem to be itā€™s favorite treat. Oh, MPro 7 Lube works well also.Ā 

Hi Dartagnan
Thanks for the tip about the lube. I do have some MPro 7 used to use it on my ARs. I use Break Free CLP now, so I can use the MPro 7 on pellets.
I be using a bore worm rig on the cleaning duties. I uses a monofilament cord to pull the patch through the barrel so no damage from that. Other than that I have most every thing under control until the rest of my stuff get here like the scope and rings. Got lots of 25 cal pellets, want see what this gun likes. My Kral PB like the JSB extra King 25.39, so I'll find what to shoot soon I hope.
Thanks again
CH

If you plan on installing a moderator later. Donny has an adapter and the SUMO should do the trick. I have a Neil Claque that has been reliable and installed before Donny came in business. The Ronin would be overkill IMHO and donā€™t need the extra weight. I havenā€™t tried the FX baffle extensions. Although they seem ok. And just to throw this out there now. If you find that that your POI keeps shifting. First, try another scope. If the POI shift still persist try loosening these screws then retighten (evenly). We all know thereā€™s no such thing as TLC when it comes to shipping. Have fun!Ā 

Sorry, letā€™s try this. If this doesnā€™t work Iā€™ll work on it tonight (PST) šŸ˜¬. When I try to upload via my iPhone I get ā€œUnknown file typeā€. Anyway, itā€™s the 4 bolts that secure the scope rail and airtube... on the left and right side of the trigger guard. But do this only if your having POI Shifts.Ā 

http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/dartagnan1091d/media/wc8_zpsj1sj2spy.jpg.html