• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Just pray for me...

Wow.. looks like you went from garden city to garbage city...🤤

2 things

1 - the room looks to hold unlimited target prospects..

2- the backyard looks to hold some interesting items that look better then a just throwaway / handy guy project heaven.. also maybe most of the metal organized may fatch a buck or 2 at a scrapyard.

You could hire some local kid or kids for a saw buck and pizza reward to come in pickup bag up ..

When i was like 6-8th grade age i helped a guy with rental units/ houses and some of them folks can trash up a place floor to ceiling about that way in under a month ..lol. Then lets not yalk about how they left a bathroom..😱.

Just got to knuckle down , take a deep breath , dive in, and go knock'er out..

Ill pray for ya, ( pray you dont get tetanus,). Be sure your shot is up to date 😉

Last edited:
Beerthief is right: Fix the roof first...assuming there’s room to get at it in the first place. The sites where I’ve seen demolition, waste removal, etc done always rented container units to hold the trash. Otherwise, they would’ve spent more time on trips hauling to and fro the landfill. You’re already strapped for time.

As always, I wish you the best of luck. You give so much encouragement to others, it’s the least I (we) can do. Please take a break when needed. You are not a machine.

You’re going to have some amazing Before and After photos!

Last edited:
Please Lord God Almighty help this Toasty1!!
There is hope!!

When I bought my place 13 years ago it was thrashed in so many ways I've probably forgotten as much as I remember. It's so hard working and running a business then finding the time and energy to take on big projects when one is older. But since retiring I've made great progress. Started siding it myself last year and finished this spring. I hope to be done or close to getting the few on the list finished before winter.

20220817_123226.jpg

Pretty photo to cheer you up.
IMG_0524.jpg

Find you some scrapers give them any and all the metal they can haul off. Burn what you can. Rent a bobcat dig a giant hole and fill it with what won't burn or scrapers won't take. Save the rpanels from the buildings tear them down and build you a kick ass barn, shop etc. Its all about how you look at things I see a huge opportunity to turn that mess into a nice place for cheap. Save any wood you can ,electrical boxes and wiring etc store in one of the shacks till your ready to build. Or you could contract someone to remove the buildings for the metal and wood. Most might want a little money too but not much. Your overwhelming problem is in fact a golden opportunity. No kidding brother I wish I had your troubles.

Did you purchase that place in the current condition?
I've flipped a few houses and some were like what you posted.. Days and days of nothing but hauling off items of no use... My shop is in a heck of a mess right now.. Hauled a load to convenience center this moring.. Feels good to make some progress..
"Little Sticks Make Big Piles."

2 things

2- the backyard looks to hold some interesting items that look better then a just throwaway / handy guy project heaven.. also maybe most of the metal organized may fatch a buck or 2 at a scrapyard.

You could hire some local kid or kids for a saw buck and pizza reward to come in pickup bag up ..

When i was like 6-8th grade age i helped a guy with rental units/ houses and some of them folks can trash up a place floor to ceiling about that way in under a month ..lol. Then lets not yalk about how they left a bathroom..😱.

Ill pray for ya, ( pray you dont get tetanus,). Be sure your shot is up to date 😉
I'm not sure about hiring kids, not sure they still work along with a lot of adults.. a few years ago I was hay farming and I used to hire anyone who would stack bales.. last try was helping a neighbor and he went to town and asked everyone he knew and couldn't hire anyone, even for $20 hour cash.. so those of us who farmed, ended up going mechanical and or just getting it done ourselves.. but it is hard to load and unload 20 tons after a day of work by yourself..
Mark

True not the
I'm not sure about hiring kids, not sure they still work along with a lot of adults.. a few years ago I was hay farming and I used to hire anyone who would stack bales.. last try was helping a neighbor and he went to town and asked everyone he knew and couldn't hire anyone, even for $20 hour cash.. so those of us who farmed, ended up going mechanical and or just getting it done ourselves.. but it is hard to load and unload 20 tons after a day of work by yourself..
Mark
Work ethnic or any desire to work these days .

If it interferes with flipping away at a cell phone screen or even looking up from one its a no go . Lol. Pretty sad .😭

Last edited:
iAMzehTOASTY1, I too went through a bit of a very hectic spell for a while. It seemed like everything was breaking down at once. The more I got done the more sh!t would pop up. It can be overwhelming.
As others have already said, prioritise the most important stuff and get that done first. Pick off one target at a time like a sharp shooter and you will eventually get caught up.

My daughter bought a church owned by a hoarder. Every room was at LEAST 7’ deep! She invited friends and family to come in and offered anything for sale for $20 and she made $14K. Then we rented roll off dumpsters and filled them up. Took us about 6 weeks to clean it out and then we started repairs and now it’s a home a couple years later. This too shall pass. Prayers sent your way.

🙏yall are the best!!🤩
Read all the posts and made me a list of to do so I can visually see my to does.
Went and snagged some tarps, had loads of tires so I used them to anchor the tarps over where the roof needs work for now. Just writing everything down helped my brain ease up on the hamster that runs on my wheel up in there 🤣🤙
Today went rather swell! Went to work a bit early and am catching on super fast from what everyone says. And today was only my 4th day there😶‍🌫️👀😜(NAPA parts counter)
Got ahold of some people with trailers to let them know what I was up against. A little word of mouth from the grapevine even had some people offering to bring skid loaders and bobcats to help out 😇Now got dang near all of the trash bagged and separated to be loaded/hauled away when trailers arrive. Fixed the whirlybird turbine for the roof to help air/dry out the wet attic insulation and sheetrock ceiling underneath that area. Found beautttiiifuuulllll red hardwood flooring underneath that horrid carpet!🥰 house was built in 1945 so the wood used is still very very sturdy with only very few areas that need major attention. Felt so great after all that! Turned around to cook for my grandfather and my lady. Made spiral mixed color pasta with a 3 sauce mix combo. Cut up and fried a pork tenderloin and threw it in the sauce to simmer and marinate while the pasta finished.🥴
I've RARELY ever seen my grandfather have more than 1 plate of food per sitting. Halfway through his first plate while still chewing and smiling; he gave me a thumbs up and nodded in joy. He finished that plate and went back for a whole nother plate!👀🤩🥰 after he finished that he said oh Jon that was so good!🥳 I nodded and smiled, my insides glowing with excitement and a wonderful feeling of joy.😎
I really think I had been too hard on myself lately...so I decided to go check the mail.
Boom!😵 a slinger from a one Mr @L.Leon had finally arrived! So I told my grandfather what was inside and he once again had his eyes wide open in excitement!🤩 we dug into the box and he was perplexed as to how it was a gun until I put it together.(shipped disassembled and packaged very beautifully as to avoid damage). Then I handed it to him. And said it's made in germany(he is a vietnam veteran engineer with multiple degrees of ingenuity and has literally even been inside of hitler's bunker). He knows a good thing when he sees and handles it. So I literally let him be the first to try it!🥰 he loved it!!
Today was a great day my friends!

20230815_184346.jpg

Last edited:
Some of you know very well that I am usually quite the active member here...
...been so busy with life and trying to just stay above water lately that I've not slung lead in almost or more than a month...I've lost track😔
Been working my job and turning right around and putting in up to 12hrs on top of that just to make my house livable...which is still far from being done😑
Consequently; my relationships with friends, family, and everyone else have suffered...for that I greatly apologize.
But I can't stop now; however my body is screaming at me to slow down and take a break. I just keep telling myself to keep going because nobody else is gunna step up amd do what I am doing.😑 life is a short trip; so I am trying/giving my all to get setup and comfy enough to actually take a break....I'm just babbling at this point in time and hoping/wishing that some good vibes and prayers be sent my way. Some pics.of the hell I have to deal.with are below🫠😶‍🌫️
Roof needs fixed, Hella trash and debris, lawn needs redone, driveway needs redone, needs siding, needs a few windows, heaps of crap need hauled.off, multiple fridges and freezers that got.left full.of food, canned goods from clear back in 1997, newspapers from the 60s through a few years ago...I could go on...😐
I'm struggling...but I am still alive, kicking and screaming against the sands of time. Much love and kudos to those who have actually reached out to me in private.

Sincerely,

Jon (Toast) Swift 🎩🤙

View attachment 380767

View attachment 380768

View attachment 380769
I ask The Lord to send you help, and wisdom to make the right moves.
Anything metal can be sold for scrap. What can be incinerated can be burned.
Church or other group volunteers would be excellent..

Some of you know very well that I am usually quite the active member here...
...been so busy with life and trying to just stay above water lately that I've not slung lead in almost or more than a month...I've lost track😔
Been working my job and turning right around and putting in up to 12hrs on top of that just to make my house livable...which is still far from being done😑
Consequently; my relationships with friends, family, and everyone else have suffered...for that I greatly apologize.
But I can't stop now; however my body is screaming at me to slow down and take a break. I just keep telling myself to keep going because nobody else is gunna step up amd do what I am doing.😑 life is a short trip; so I am trying/giving my all to get setup and comfy enough to actually take a break....I'm just babbling at this point in time and hoping/wishing that some good vibes and prayers be sent my way. Some pics.of the hell I have to deal.with are below🫠😶‍🌫️
Roof needs fixed, Hella trash and debris, lawn needs redone, driveway needs redone, needs siding, needs a few windows, heaps of crap need hauled.off, multiple fridges and freezers that got.left full.of food, canned goods from clear back in 1997, newspapers from the 60s through a few years ago...I could go on...😐
I'm struggling...but I am still alive, kicking and screaming against the sands of time. Much love and kudos to those who have actually reached out to me in private.

Sincerely,

Jon (Toast) Swift 🎩🤙

View attachment 380767

View attachment 380768

View attachment 380769
Looks like my place, I simplified it, held a yard sale., then a dumpster for the balance. If I haven't seen it in 4 decades I obviously didn't need it.

2 things

Yep, just have to pick ONE spot to start. Key is, if you haven't seen it in a decade or so you sure has heck don't need it. Except for tools, I NEVER EVER throw away tools.

Read thru this entire thread and from all the awesome advice given, if it were me in your shoes, this is what I got out of it:
1. Take a breath, and know it’ll one day be all done
2. Prioritize
3. Seek assistance for sure
4. Make use of materials available
5. Sell what you can in the form of yard sales to help offset costs for equipment and rentals
6. Set goals- try and meet them. Set short term goals like three dump runs, a hundred square foot area completed, and help gathered to be there on a certain day. All this, by end of week. Use a calendar to write your goals on, week by week. X out the items completed, and if not done move over to the following week. Place this calendar at a spot where it stares at you in the face the majority of the day.

Your job, as I see it if it were me:
1. Stay focused. Not gonna end this suggestion with two words but with more in depth-
It’s easy to get distracted and sometimes we allow ourselves to get distracted so we don’t take on the task that needs to be done. Like a phone call from a buddy(example only) that should end in five minutes cause you’ve got chit to do but instead you’re on there for an hour chatting up about stupid chit, really. If he keeps calling, tell him you and him can talk while he’s helping you, lol. Staying focused on your list, is big time key.

Do it once, do it right. Part of being focused is to have a plan on top of a plan. Example: those tarps you temporarily put on your roof? What’s the end plan for that? While working on the other tasks around your place start figuring out material costs, labor costs, whose got the best prices on wood, roofing, etc, and when is the roof actually going to get repaired. It’s ok to do stuff temporarily but remember, it’s temporary.

2. Your job is #1. Without a source of income to provide, you will stress out, get depressed, and lose all motivation. Plus, use the job as a way to unwind from the tasks at home. Do everything you can to secure it, make it so you’re indispensable, know what I mean? Don’t just be like everyone else working there and just do what’s required. Go above and beyond! If asked to work OT or extra hours, this should be the only excuse you allow yourself to deviate from “the plan” to clean up your place

3. Like a diet or meal plan, allow one cheat day. Use this day for family only or for your target shooting unwind day. Before going to bed on the evening of your cheat day go over your list and jot down what you want to see done by the coming end of week(the calendar example I mentioned above).

The next time you drive by a huge mall or a high rise building under construction I want you to think about all the planning and time it took to go from raw dirt to beautiful carpet and painted walls. Just like your situation, it took a lot of planning and a work force chiseling at it each day. Your situation is minute compared to structures like that. Not trying to minimize your situation but rather to put things in perspective so that you understand that you, a man with a now plan, can do this, and one day look back and feel proud of what you had accomplished.

Lastly- take lots of pics! You will need to have some show n tell stuff for later on!

Good luck man, YOU CAN DOOOO EEEETTTT!!!

Last edited: