• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Just ordered a Daystate Huntsman Regal XL in .22 from AoA

I'm so excited! I just placed an order for a Daystate Huntsman Regal XL in .22 from Airguns of Arizona. I requested for the 30 ft.lb version and also asked for a better wood grained stock with stripes. Hopefully they choose out a nice stock. I was always drawn to the Daystate Huntsman and I had a little cash laying around. I've been reading reviews and drooling over pictures for the past few years. I was supposed to buy a new air conditioner unit for my room with the extra money I had. I hesitated for a few hours on calling AoA until I started watching some youtube videos on the Huntsman which surely didn't help me.

Call me weak but I'll be a happy camper in the next coming week. I was also contemplating on ordering a Shoebox compressor and a Great White CF tank instead of buying the Huntsman but I did not have enough funds. I'll be filling up the Huntsman with my Hill MK4 pump. I placed the order with Brad via phone which took about 20 minutes due to other callers ahead of me. I also ordered a SWFA SS 10x42 scope with side focus and the Mil-Quad reticle from SWFA. This will be my first Daystate and I'm super excited due to all the reports of excellent fit & finish.

I'll post some pics with shot strings and a little review when she comes in to update this post. Thanks guys.

Congratulations. The Regal XL was my 1st 'high end' gun, and after > 2 years I'm still very happy. I hope you get the stock you want. Its a beautifully balanced gun; nice and light; excellent grip on the stock; a pleasure to shoulder. Post some pictures when you get it. Welcome to the Daystate owners club!

If you can, chrony the gun. Mine was also supposed to be 30 ft/lbs, but shoots at 26 ft/lb (16g grain JSB) and 27 ft/lb (18 grain JSB). Its a small difference, and not worth beating yourself up about. In fact JSB 16s at 30 ft/lbs would be a bit hot (920 fps). It is possible to adjust the power, but its not trivial to maintain a consistent shot string. I'm happy with 30 (or 40 with some drop in velocity) shots before filling again. I see a Great White or similar tank in your future!

Thanks guys. I was having a hard time on deciding between purchasing the rifle or the Shoebox compressor and CF tank. Or at least purchasing the Shoebox first and waiting until I had enough funds to buy a tank maybe months later. I'm also interested in buying a .25 bullpup in the future. Looking at a Vulcan with side lever or the new Taipan Mutant in .25 when it comes out. Future thoughts.

"Peskadot671"

Call me weak but I'll be a happy camper in the next coming week. I was also contemplating on ordering a Shoebox compressor and a Great White CF tank instead of buying the Huntsman but I did not have enough funds. I'll be filling up the Huntsman with my Hill MK4 pump. I placed the order with Brad via phone which took about 20 minutes due to other callers ahead of me. I also ordered a SWFA SS 10x42 scope with side focus and the Mil-Quad reticle from SWFA. This will be my first Daystate and I'm super excited due to all the reports of excellent fit & finish.

I'll post some pics with shot strings and a little review when she comes in to update this post. Thanks guys.
I have an alternative thought to buying a shoebox compressor and Great White CF tank and saving you some money too. I have a Great White and yes it gets a lot of fills off a tank but it is a little bit of a pain to lug around. If I was going to get a compressor or air booster too I would consider getting the Guppy and the new Altaros air compressor booster. I calculated filling your Daystate to 230 bar and shooting down to 137 bar or 2000 psi you will get 9 fills off a Guppy tank. I do not know what Huntsman Regal owners are exactly shooting down to but using that figure for an estimate. Then estimate you will get 30 shots per fill or 270 shot per Guppy fill up. That is a pretty good days shooting and the Guppy will be a breeze to carry around. So if you get the Guppy you save $388 over the Great White $777- $389 and if you buy the Altaros booster over the Shoebox you will save $563 or $1149-$586 or a combined saving of $951. Hope you can follow my math but with a compressor booster I think unless you do a heck of a lot of shooting in an outing why lug around a heavier cf tank. From what I understand the Altaros has some advantages over the Shoebox and is very well made and tested. Food for thought. Enjoy you Huntsman Regal. Bill

http://www.altaros.cz/en/15-other-accessories 

"AirgunBill"
"Peskadot671"

I have an alternative thought to buying a shoebox compressor and Great White CF tank and saving you some money too. I have a Great White and yes it gets a lot of fills off a tank but it is a little bit of a pain to lug around. If I was going to get a compressor or air booster too I would consider getting the Guppy and the new Altaros air compressor booster. I calculated filling your Daystate to 230 bar and shooting down to 137 bar or 2000 psi you will get 9 fills off a Guppy tank. I do not know what Huntsman Regal owners are exactly shooting down to but using that figure for an estimate. Then estimate you will get 30 shots per fill or 270 shot per Guppy fill up. That is a pretty good days shooting and the Guppy will be a breeze to carry around. So if you get the Guppy you save $388 over the Great White $777- $389 and if you buy the Altaros booster over the Shoebox you will save $563 or $1149-$586 or a combined saving of $951. Hope you can follow my math but with a compressor booster I think unless you do a heck of a lot of shooting in an outing why lug around a heavier cf tank. From what I understand the Altaros has some advantages over the Shoebox and is very well made and tested. Food for thought. Enjoy you Huntsman Regal. Bill

+1.

I was content with the Guppy until I got an FX boss which gulps air. If you never buy another air rifle, Guppy is perfect for the Regal, and its very convenient to carry to clubs etc, while lugging the Great White around is a pain. 

Regal_US
"AirgunBill"
"Peskadot671"

+1.

I was content with the Guppy until I got an FX boss which gulps air. If you never buy another air rifle, Guppy is perfect for the Regal, and its very convenient to carry to clubs etc, while lugging the Great White around is a pain.

The reason that I want the Great White is for future airguns. Especially the bottle guns. Regarding the Altaros, I need to do a little more research on it.