• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JTS JTS Alracuda Max in.30

Thinking about getting this Gun as a first PCP and was wondering if it would be a good one to start with? Also looking at the JTS comp1 pcp compressor good Combination or not? Thanks for any Advice or tips .

No, not for a first gun.

Crosman premier hollow points run under $7.00 for 500, .30 are going to start at $60.00 per 500.

Get the .22, shoot it a bunch and enjoy it! Get a .30 for pesting or long range in the future.

Wolf,
JTS Airacuda offers good value, but you need to search the AGN archives for the full story. Big drawback of the JTS Airacuda .30, as reported by reviewers, is the 14-shot count, before falling off the regulator, on a 3500-psi fill. That's not much shooting before having to refill. As far as the JTS compressor, longevity and dependability of high-pressure air (HPA) compressors can be linked to how well they deal with compressor-stressing heat generated by compressing air. Slower running (low gearing), high/low speed fans, crankcase oil and water cooling are several methods, the more, the better. The Yong Heng, for example, utilizes three cooling methods, for potential years of usage while some HPA compressors, using only high-speed fans, average a year to year and a half. Evaluation of any HPA compressor should be considered in light of this. Best of Luck, WM

Reactions: wolfdog
I've got a Max in .25. It was my first PCP. It is accurate enough to drop a squirrel easily at 30yd with a cheap UTG 3-9x32 scope and JSB Exact 25's. I get 20 good shots before needing to refill. I also bought the JTS compressor you mentioned and had no issues with it doing it's job. Only took a couple of minutes to top off the Max. My Uragan 2 with it's large bottle and 300 bar fill made it grunt a bit more but still only took less than 10 min to top off. It does cycle itself off for cooling and automatically restarts after a minute or so. Hope this helps.

Will you be doing any hunting? If not my go to recommendation for a first pcp is a Gamo Urban. If you keep any eye out in the next month Pyramid Air has been deeply discounting the Urban for holiday sales. The Urban is light weight with great ergo, has a reputation for high accuracy, and its build quality is higher than its price. You can use it for close ranges for hunting too, but it has a limited power band. If you are going to be focused on hunting primarily than a 25 Cal is a good option, like an Avenger or something similar.

Thanks everyone for the info. Yes I will mainly be hunting with it everything from crows to coyotes to raccoons fox and other fur bearing varmints. I have to break barrels in 22. Maybe I should look at the Avenge x in .25? Love this site because of all the great people on here that want to help others, Thanks Again Mike

Coyotes? In that case I would look for something with enough power. The Avengers are capable of lots of power with a few mods in 25 Cal. I would consider that the min ft/lbs rifle to shop for. If you think you will be using your pcp for a lot of hunting, Id say skip the budget options and just buy something like an FX Wildcat BT Compact or an Impact.