• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JTS Airacuda Max .25

Got my JTS Airacuda Max this morning. I must admit I was anticipating a certain amount of disappointment. $420.00 for a regulated airgun? Don't get you hopes to high buddy..... I'm not a pessimistic person by nature. Actually just the opposite, I really try to find a positive in everything I do, even if it's just chalking it up to, "Ok that was a fail, but I learned something". My wife says she is going to put that on my headstone. Ok I digress, back to the Airacuda.

Well, first off I pulled the gun out of the box, looking for scratches, rubs, tooling marks etc. There were none. Ok, lets move on to filling the gun (after reading the manual of course). The gun is empty, so pessimisticly I figure it leaks. Nope, no leak. I take it outside and fire off a couple (2) of shots without pellets. Sounds very quiet 🤫 I'm impressed. I check the reg psg. Right on the money 💰 at 2100psi. Ok, let it set for about an hour while I set up to chrony with some AA .25 25.4g unsorted pellets. Again I'm thinking it will probably be all over the place on speeds.
Check out the FX chrony data for the very first 10 shots, no clearing shots. No cleaning the barrel.
Screenshot_20230327-114324_FX Radar.jpg

WOW that is very damn impressive of a ten shot, shot string with a std dev of 1.4. I've got guns that cost 5X as much as this gun that don't have that tight of data! The scope for this will be here later today, so we will see if it can group...probably won't group worth a darn!😉 😜 stand by for more results.

I must admit this gun has my attention. I really like the ergonomics of this stock too. I wanted this gun for my woods carry long gun. The gun offers several very comfortable ways to grip it while carrying, with the stock made the way it is. To me ergonomics of carry are very important. If I can't change the way I carry a gun through the day, I get fatigued. So the Airacuda Max does punch that ticket 🎟 quite nicely 👌 😀.

Got my JTS Airacuda Max this morning. I must admit I was anticipating a certain amount of disappointment. $420.00 for a regulated airgun? Don't get you hopes to high buddy..... I'm not a pessimistic person by nature. Actually just the opposite, I really try to find a positive in everything I do, even if it's just chalking it up to, "Ok that was a fail, but I learned something". My wife says she is going to put that on my headstone. Ok I digress, back to the Airacuda.

Well, first off I pulled the gun out of the box, looking for scratches, rubs, tooling marks etc. There were none. Ok, lets move on to filling the gun (after reading the manual of course). The gun is empty, so pessimisticly I figure it leaks. Nope, no leak. I take it outside and fire off a couple (2) of shots without pellets. Sounds very quiet 🤫 I'm impressed. I check the reg psg. Right on the money 💰 at 2100psi. Ok, let it set for about an hour while I set up to chrony with some AA .25 25.4g unsorted pellets. Again I'm thinking it will probably be all over the place on speeds.
Check out the FX chrony data for the very first 10 shots, no clearing shots. No cleaning the barrel.
View attachment 343683
WOW that is very damn impressive of a ten shot, shot string with a std dev of 1.4. I've got guns that cost 5X as much as this gun that don't have that tight of data! The scope for this will be here later today, so we will see if it can group...probably won't group worth a darn!😉 😜 stand by for more results.

I must admit this gun has my attention. I really like the ergonomics of this stock too. I wanted this gun for my woods carry long gun. The gun offers several very comfortable ways to grip it while carrying, with the stock made the way it is. To me ergonomics of carry are very important. If I can't change the way I carry a gun through the day, I get fatigued. So the Airacuda Max does punch that ticket 🎟 quite nicely 👌 😀.

Check out my thread here

They are fantastic rifles and super consistent!!! I am shooting 26 gr hades out of mine , I actually detuned it and got incredible consistency and accuracy. It ranks high up on my list of rifles!

Reactions: FunGun
We will see if all the hype is worth it after I get the scope mounted....pessimisticly optimistic 😉 😆 🤣
Just wait man, I had mine out yesterday in 15mph winds and with me doing my part this is what I shot at 52 yards

Full magazine.

I own 2 hubens, a bd taurus, and an airacuda, and a custom PRS build on the way and this rifle is right at home, that speaks volumes.

338165227_195001733268081_2242070055839343386_n.jpg

Fun-Gun,
Looks like you got a good one, like CT, myself, not so much. Been thru He**, and back, the last few months, with mine, bottom line the stack bolt, inside the shroud, was never tightened down on the baffles and my shroud clips pellets, unless turned around from factory setting. Biggest gripe is a known problem of an unsupported stock bolt that can pinch action, if too tight, so that magazine won't fit. If you can bear thru the ridiculous twists and turns of the 13 page "Airacuda Updates," thread in the archives, good information, to be had. In addition to spacer information, there's a vent groove you'll need to consider cutting inside stock. WM

That gun is an impressive one. Glad you got a good one. Like anything else they aren’t all good.
The majority are though. Just like not all impacts dont leak. I find people are more inclined to say statements like this because they don't want to believe a rifle this cost outshoots rifles that are 3 times or more the cost. I'm not saying that's you , also other thing to take into account is the first batch of anything are likely to have issues. Most people I've talked to that own a max, love it.

Fun-Gun,
Looks like you got a good one, like CT, myself, not so much. Been thru He**, and back, the last few months, with mine, bottom line the stack bolt, inside the shroud, was never tightened down on the baffles and my shroud clips pellets, unless turned around from factory setting. Biggest gripe is a known problem of an unsupported stock bolt that can pinch action, if too tight, so that magazine won't fit. If you can bear thru the ridiculous twists and turns of the 13 page "Airacuda Updates," thread in the archives, good information, to be had. In addition to spacer information, there's a vent groove you'll need to consider cutting inside stock. WM
I did read the post. TY.
I have tried to drop the velocity a bit by backing out the HS. Long story short, to get down into the 850fps range with 25.4gr required the HS be backed out 2 full revolutions. This unfortunately now causes the HS screw to extend beyond flush with the back of the breech block, they causing interfence with the stock. So that is a no-go. I ended up putting the HS back to factory, and currently am gettining 2 mags, 20 shots from 3200psi down to reg setting of 2100psi. No where near the 30 to 40 shots I have seen stated by some of the internet reviews.
Now the biggy, due to the single screw that attaches the stock, very easy to over draw the screw putting the stock into a pre-loaded tension. Bowing the stock. This was causing a 2.5" to 3.2" POI change at 40yds. Wow! This is not good. I have contacted Travis, and he said he is sending me the phenolic block that will prevent the pre-load on the stock. When I get it installed, I will report back the results. Thanks to worried man and the rest of the community that have contributed to finding solutions to theses JTS issues. Even with all that has been noted about these guns. I personally have found nothing that would deter me from buying a JTS Airacuda Max again. Nice gun overall, just have to get thru the growing pains. Thanks to Travis for being quick to respond and willing to help. Looking forward to getting a spacer to install.

Reactions: Billinoregon
FunGun,
It's a "Catch 22," China quality control is spotty, at best, manufacture product where QC is better, price doubles. Huge roll of the dice, won with my Umarex Gauntlet, lost with Airacuda Max. Except for the unsupported stock bolt, I like the design and fit/finish, definitely beyond price point. Holds air perfectly, no reg creep, "smooth as butter" side-lever and a fantastic magazine, got to admit, there's lots to like. An aftermarket lightweight synthetic stock, with proper internal support, would be icing on the cake. WM

CT,
Latest Airacuda post was by Gizmo1974, seems he made a carbine out of one by cutting air tube and shroud. Appears barrel end support is thru shroud end cap tightened against aluminum air stripper. With 20 shots from a 3200PSI fill, wonder what shot count is with shortened air tube? WM
I am right around 27-30 shots off my tune shooting 26.4 at 855 fps I am going to look for that thread.

I got a bit busy with farm chores so have not reported back on my Max .25 status. Apologies. Travis did send me the new phenolic block. Had to dremel out the attaching screw counter bore just a bit, but got it all mounted, the stock put back on and away I went. This gun keeps impressing, the more I shoot it.
55yds and it groups FX 25.4gr as well as any of my $1K+, guns in the same weather conditions.
Yesterday's winds were 13-22mph and gusty. Groups at 55yds were 1 in or less. (45 degrees with the wind) Groups at 75yds were less than 2" all touching, shooting 90 degrees to the wind.
I did more testing at 75yds and 100yds to determine how many shots I could get without a POI change due to dropping off the reg. Started with 3200psi ended at 1850psi per the guns manometer. Subjective at best. But I did get a full 30 shots. I will say the last two "sounded" different, as it was probably coming off reg, but POI was in the group at 100yds. First 10 shots of that 30 shot group were over the chrony with the following results. Avg=912, spread of 7, Sd=1.9. I'm happy. 😊

• Love
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I got a bit busy with farm chores so have not reported back on my Max .25 status. Apologies. Travis did send me the new phenolic block. Had to dremel out the attaching screw counter bore just a bit, but got it all mounted, the stock put back on and away I went. This gun keeps impressing, the more I shoot it.
55yds and it groups FX 25.4gr as well as any of my $1K+, guns in the same weather conditions.
Yesterday's winds were 13-22mph and gusty. Groups at 55yds were 1 in or less. (45 degrees with the wind) Groups at 75yds were less than 2" all touching, shooting 90 degrees to the wind.
I did more testing at 75yds and 100yds to determine how many shots I could get without a POI change due to dropping off the reg. Started with 3200psi ended at 1850psi per the guns manometer. Subjective at best. But I did get a full 30 shots. I will say the last two "sounded" different, as it was probably coming off reg, but POI was in the group at 100yds. First 10 shots of that 30 shot group were over the chrony with the following results. Avg=912, spread of 7, Sd=1.9. I'm happy. 😊
Happy to hear it! Every time I shoot mine I too keep getting impressed, its a really, good, rifle.