• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
download.png
1589803375_18160252205ec2796f1a5825.66209928.jpg

What's up with .22 Jsb pellets lately?. 18.13gr , and 15gr hades. Shown.. 1/4 of the tins look like my pic, (skirts destroyed,) cant even load them in a magazine..

Ive had .22 and .25 cal's years ago.. been in the big bore game for some time now,, Have I been away from the .22 cal for so long that I dont recall how many are this poopty,, or is it they just dont make them like they used to..

I'll bite. I'm sure the consensus of replies will say it's about 30% packing and 70% shipping. The packing is on the low end because even the best packed item can be destroyed by one careless hand in the chain.We are almost 100% assured they leave the factory in top shape. At that point, it all depends on what happens before it hits your door. There is no way to really prove it, but in my experience, most of my damage happens when my tracker says "Out For Delivery".

P.S.- This is from all deliveries from lumber to letters.

I think Jlands is correct. Whenever I buy 4 tins of pellets they arrive in perfect condition hardly any damaged pellets. They boxes that pyramydair ships them in is perfect and does not allow the tins to move. Any time i order over that amount results tend to vary. Alot of the time the tins will loosen from the packing material since its not as tight. FedEx or who ever is the shipping company will handel the box and toss it in a truck. The tin can now move and rattle the pellets to the point of damaging them. Here's an example. This came in a box of 12 tins (mixed). 4 tins were damaged because they were out of the packing foam. After opening the tins alot of pellets were damaged but pyramydair is sending out replacements . From now on I will only buy in boxes of 4 just to avoid headaches.

1589806453_18076658455ec285753bcb30.26010573.jpg

download.png
1589803375_18160252205ec2796f1a5825.66209928.jpg

What's up with .22 Jsb pellets lately?. 18.13gr , and 15gr hades. Shown.. 1/4 of the tins look like my pic, (skirts destroyed,) cant even load them in a magazine..

Ive had .22 and .25 cal's years ago.. been in the big bore game for some time now,, Have I been away from the .22 cal for so long that I dont recall how many are this poopty,, or is it they just dont make them like they used to..

I wish I knew. I don't shoot the 15gr, but the 18gr have more defects per can than any other ammo I have shot in any caliber from JSB. I have had a limited sample size, not tens thousands or anything, so it could be my luck too. But with shipments over various different time periods, it has been this way. I can say that I almost have no defects in other calibers, but the 18gr tins always have some. Probably a small amount in the grand scheme of things (<10%), but a big difference when you don't hardly see defects in any of your other cans.

Don't have many issues with the 22 cal but I DID have a sleeve of 25 cal Kings that the very top tin... same die # and sealed sleeve.... looked like they had swept up the crap on the floor and put them in a tin. More that 50 % unuseable for any kind of accuracy. No damage to the tin and all other tins in the sleeve were good. I'd say that's the manufacturer.

Bob

I, personally, believe it's in the shipping & handling after leaving the factory. JSB reputation depends upon giving us a quality product. The way I've seen boxes handled by ALL the shipping companies will certainly have an effect on soft lead pellets no matter how well packed. Pyramyd and Airgun depot have always packed my pellet tins well but it doesn't stop movement & shifting within the tins. Luckily my guns with their original Smooth Twist barrels "reshape" the pellets to a decent aerodynamic form & I get relatively few flyers.

Definitely same issue. Lots of shavings in the bottom of the tin..

In my .30 and .357 they are 99%perfect..maybe 5 in a whole tin that is bad, dented ,ect..

.22cal 50% junk. Pretty disappointed that I just bought 100$ worth and all the tins are about identical..

Pryamyd hasn't said much they can do about it.. and I dont blame them,, packaged nicely..

Shipping is probably the most to blame,, butwhat can u do.. lol