• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JSB .177 Monster vs Jumbo Monster 13.43 Gr pellets - interesting test….

I am finding the JSB 13.43 Gr series pellets to be the best performing pellets out of my Air Arms S510 (on the 3 power setting) and my Daystate Wolverine R.

I just finishing testing the Monster and Monster Redesigned pellets side by side, shooting 6 ten shot groups of each pellet, from both rifles, at 18 yards.

For whatever reason, the “std” Monsters shoot just a little faster than do the Redesigned pellets - but not significantly enough to matter. The Redesigned pellets shot slightly tighter groups in the Air Arms on average. The Wolverine shot them both about even up. Side by side comparisons from both rifles can be found below.

A fun experiment on a cold midwest afternoon.
IMG_0095.jpeg
IMG_0088.jpeg

I found the same thing. The redesigned ones shoot slightly better than the regular monsters, I shoot them out of my Weihrauch HW110, and my BSA R10. Even my Air Arms S500 Extra Fac, like the 13.43 gr Redesigned pellets, better than the old ones. Not by much, but you can see the difference. I think the Redesigned pellets fit the bore more tightly since the old ones had only contact on the head of the pellet, and the bottom of the skirt, where the redesigned ones make better contact, with the whole pellet.

Biagio

My Revere Safari shoots the original 13's the best, Redesign not so well. With the factory tune its only pushing them 740ish fps, but its still better than all the 10.3 gr I have tried. My Revere does not like the FX 13 grain pellets.

Side note, the current tin of original 13.4 I am using did not appear damaged, but it has an awful amount of pellets with skirt damage.