• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Josh3rd THIEF!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He stopped posting after he took my money, guess he did the calculations and it made sense to him. I kinda wonder if anything he said was true.
*added clarification, we are talking about douger, not josh*

Same guy solicited a wtb ad and sent me an item that absolutely was not what I asked for. Then got upset when I wanted my money back. Offered to return it but kept fussing. Told me to keep it but did send my money back. Just plain odd behavior. And frankly, immature.

Have had him blocked since then.

Last edited:
IMG_6888-2.JPG

I always hear about criminals not being particularly smart.
$37.90 to ship some 2x4s. Coulda done it for $16 with Pirate Ship.

Wow, Lewis...really sorry this happened to you. I've bought and sold A LOT of stuff online over the years and have had this happen on eBay a couple of times. They send something of comparable weight to show that your item in supposedly on its way to you. It cost him almost $40 out of his stolen funds to send the wood but if he had sent a 13oz parcel for $5 or even a medium flat rate box for $15, your suspicions would've been raised well before the package got to you. Regardless, it sucks all the way around so sorry to hear of this.

Regarding Douger, I've bought, sold and traded with him so many times and have left him a lot of good feedback here because he always came through for me. I've probably purchased 3x $2000 rifles from him without any issues. I was wondering where he's been - so it's sad to see that he went to the dark side recently.

I was also contacted by another member about a seller (arubino19) I'd done several deals with that has since gone bad. I'd bought several basically new Impacts from him without any problems and was literally minutes from sending him another $2600 when he texted me back and said that he'd gotten another offer higher than mine so he was going to sell to that buyer. Weeks later, that rifle package never showed up. At the request of the other buyer, I reached out to arubino19 to see what happened...he ignored my texts. About a month before that, he asked me to front him the funds to purchase another M3 until he got the funds from some other sales, after which he'd pay me back. He even offeredd to pay interest for getting the advance on the funds; my spidey senses were all tingly on this so i politely declined the offer. I literally dodged a couple of bullets on that one as his account has now been locked.

The thing both Douger and arubino19 had in common was that both stated that they had lots of serious health issues and, therefore, lots of medical bills. Perhaps it got to the point where the expenses became too much and they had to resort to desperate measures. Or maybe the worst case scenario is that the health issues got worse. Any way you look at it, it's sad...

It’s easy to be a good person when things are going good in life. Not many can maintain good scruples when things are going bad. On the rare occasion I “lend” money to a friend, I don’t plan on getting it back and consider it a gift. Much easier to accept if they don’t pay it back.

"For loan oft loses both itself and friend, And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry."

He stopped posting after he took my money, guess he did the calculations and it made sense to him. I kinda wonder if anything he said was true.
My first deal in AGN..was with him years ago he sent me the gun .. but not the sumo that was in the deal , package was in perfect condition, he told me that maybe it was lost in transit, but the package was not open in any way..he did the same with a sumo to another member, that doesn't post anymore..a side from this I have not had a inconvenient with any other transactions..really good members here..

The 4x4’s were to act as the weight of the item being sent so the recipient wouldn’t get suspicious while the money was sent

Had it done to me before by an eBay seller, sent a big clump of paper to act as a weight

Never send things F&F
It’s a transaction
this is new to me , first off the usual order is pay and then item ships once pay is received , this guy played a long con for a few hundred or simply went off the deep end and hit everyone in his life , but i never seen the 2x4 or fake weight thing before , because if someone was going to keep your money they get it before the item ships anyway so no need to fake package anything

as for F&F PP , i stopped using PP when they divorced for eBay because thats when PP made the shift from protecting buyers to protecting sellers at all cost because thats where their fees are generated , i was ripped off and PP hung me out , one and done , no second chance , so F&F came after i was already done with PP

Reactions: oledawg
The person in question has been a member since day 1, and has a long history here.
View attachment 392879
Nothing on the back-end looks suspicious, so the account has been temporarily blocked from the Classified forum while we await Josh's reply.

Please keep your replies constructive while we give Josh the opportunity to explain the situation.
Eternity would pass before any explanation could justify. Blind can see that. Not intrested in any reply nor willing to except any excuses from a person guilty of such behavior.

Reactions: Lotus7
Just to commiserate … Douger from AGN got me for $800, he is a true ________( insert your favorite derogatory)!!
FYI Doug is in the hospital after having back surgery on Sept 18th and a heart attack a couple of days ago. I reached out to him after reading your post and his wife updated me.

Lewis, I feel bad for you. 99% of my feedback in the classifieds is as a buyer and I've established some connections over the years and repeat dealings with some long-term members. Once or twice I reached out to a seller I knew and said that if the item were still available by xx day I would buy it. They sent it and said to pay them on the day I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.