• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Job search of airgun industry

Hi anyone! I looking for job on Airgun industry in USA.
I am fun of airgun and I have education of design engineer of small arms.
I know this is not web site of search works but maybe I may get here good adviсe. Maybe anyone know who look for a design engineer or who wants create something new. Or may you ready invest to new project of airgun industry. I may send you my resume or my old projects.
I would like to hear any your thoughts.
Thank you!

Off the cuff. With many airguns manufactured overseas and many airgun companies headquartered overseas, may be difficult for an engineer to find work in USA. Marketing and sales in the USA may be easier. Your skill may be useful for a firearm manufacturer which many are still designed and made in the USA. I guess USA Companies like Crossman and Daisy may design guns that they build overseas. Plenty of firearm manufacturers sell air guns especially air pistols mostly made overseas so maybe some are designed here as many are replicas of firearms they make and sell or historical ones. Maybe try Pyramid Air, AOA and others and see if they have contacts with the manufactures that supply them airguns to sell.

Hi anyone! I looking for job on Airgun industry in USA.
I am fun of airgun and I have education of design engineer of small arms.
I know this is not web site of search works but maybe I may get here good adviсe. Maybe anyone know who look for a design engineer or who wants create something new. Or may you ready invest to new project of airgun industry. I may send you my resume or my old projects.
I would like to hear any your thoughts.
Thank you!
I don't work in the industry...So preface this by saying: I have no idea how difficult it would be to get your foot in the door.

1. Might want to target US based warranty/repair centers. Firearms are more popular here ...so any experience with firearms may widen your search horizon.
2. Don't know how good you are with optics...Optic warranty/services centers that's another area you could target.

Last edited:
Reactions: silvershooter589
Off the cuff. With many airguns manufactured overseas and many airgun companies headquartered overseas, may be difficult for an engineer to find work in USA. Marketing and sales in the USA may be easier. Your skill may be useful for a firearm manufacturer which many are still designed and made in the USA. I guess USA Companies like Crossman and Daisy may design guns that they build overseas. Plenty of firearm manufacturers sell air guns especially air pistols mostly made overseas so maybe some are designed here as many are replicas of firearms they make and sell or historical ones. Maybe try Pyramid Air, AOA and others and see if they have contacts with the manufactures that supply them airguns to sell.
Thank you for your idea!

I don't work in the industry...So preface this by saying: I have no idea how difficult it would be to get your foot in the door.

1. Might want to target US based warranty/repair centers. Firearms are more popular here ...so any experience with firearms may widen your search horizon.
2. Don't know how good you are with optics...Optic warranty/services centers that's another area you could target.
Well. I try work with replicas airsoft now. To offer people repair and upgrade. It doesn't need license and Airgun too. Any firearms need license for work.

Reactions: .20calguy
It's been several months since I talked with them, but Stoeger air guns USA was having problems with servicing their products. If fact, if you have problem with one of their guns, just send it back and they send you a new one. Stoeger USA headquarters is in Maryland.
I thought Stroeger is Chinese brand. Thank you! I will try write to them.

If you want to get noticed by the airgun companies I would start by designing and building some airguns that showcase your skills. Some well known airgun engineers have took this approach and either get contracted by a company or the company buys their design to mass produce it. This happened with Lloyd (Sikes?) who designed an electronic big bore airgun that was bought by Benjamin/Crosman.

If you want to get noticed by the airgun companies I would start by designing and building some airguns that showcase your skills. Some well known airgun engineers have took this approach and either get contracted by a company or the company buys their design to mass produce it. This happened with Lloyd (Sikes?) who designed an electronic big bore airgun that was bought by Benjamin/Crosman.
My best work