• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JKHAN Noblesse Shroud Baffle Upgrade

So while testing my new to me JKHAN Noblesse, I realized the shroud did little to nothing. It came with standard air stripper, and is HELLISH loud! After calling Randy at RL, he sold me the shroud cap with the 1/2" UNF fitting, amongst some other accessories such as a regulator and new hammer spring.

Anyway, after fitting the new shroud end cap, I thought about the fact there was a lot of space left inside. So I measured it, and sourced some hair curlers from Walmart (don't laugh, Weihrauch uses very similar holed plastic tubing and felt in their own moderators!) after cutting them both down, I then made some collars using nylon shouldered washers from Ace Hardware. The larger side of the collars need cutting down some so I put a collar onto a 3/8" bolt and tightened it down with a nut and as able to chuck the bolt in my drill press. I used a re-purposed wood chisel to remove material down to the right size. Basically using the drill press as a vertical lathe!!! I made 4 of them and it is just chance that the smaller ends are a good fit into the smallest purple clairol hair curlers from Walmart ( you have to buy the kit)

then you place them as so in the picture:-

And ( note, one is shorter. I had to remove the out layer of bristles, and then cut both curlers down, but one is even shorter to make sure it fits in the space)

Then I cut some orange felt ( also from Walmart craft area) and wrapped the curlers so that I could get 2 full wraps around each curler as in the next picture

then push each curler and felt assembly into the shroud as shown here

place the shroud cap back on and add the Weihrauch moderator and you are set.

All I can say is there are now 5 air chambers to allow the air to expand and slow down. 2 in the shroud, and 3 in mod.... It is way quieter...