• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

It's about time...

... that more and more scope manufacturer realized that an "in-scope" ballistics calculator is the way to go! I mean, why did it take that long to begin with? Anyhow. I just saw that Sig Sauer now offers the SIERRA3BDX series of scopes and they look pretty cool to me. I just can't find their minimum parallax setting, but I hope it is as low as 10 meters.

I can't wait to see what other manufacturers start making scopes like these!

Kmd

"Macros"Seems very similar to the Burris Eliminator 3. Minus the inbuilt rangefinder, with a Bluetooth external one instead.
These sort of scopes usually give up a lot in glass quality. Time will tell with this one...
Parallax is a mystery, as you said...
I would have gotten the Burris Eliminator 3 a looong time ago, but the minimum parallax is 50 yards, so pretty "useless" for air gunning.
Have you seen the PMR Smart Rifle Scope? Looks really nice too. I could live with not having a build-in laser range finder. However, same issue, minimum parallax is 50 yards as well. I just hope the Sig Sauer has a parallax as low as 10 yards.

I know nothing about the quality of the glass, on any of them. : )

Kmd

"kmd1984"
"LDP"I dont see the need. I find it very quick to hit an object with my range finder and see its 200 yds away and look at my dope card thats right there and see 2 moa and make a 2 moa adjustment on my turret or hold over 2 moa.
I am sure you said that about the computer you are using right now as well, "Who needs a computer!?"

I wouldn't go that far Kmd, LDP has a point using this system you are using a rangefinder anyways.

"kmd1984"
"LDP"I dont see the need. I find it very quick to hit an object with my range finder and see its 200 yds away and look at my dope card thats right there and see 2 moa and make a 2 moa adjustment on my turret or hold over 2 moa.
I am sure you said that about the computer you are using right now as well, "Who needs a computer!?"
lol do other peoples opinions offend you? Nope never said that about a computer I have been using them since I was a kid. Theres a couple things about systems like this I personally dont like. First I dont see anything in the reticle that allows the shooter to use holdover in the event the electronics or batteries fail. Second issue and kinda tied to the first is what do you do if the range finder or scope stops working? What if the batteries die and you forgot to bring extras? What if one or both go haywire and stop communicating thru bluetooth? If the rangefinder stops working or the scope stops showing where the holdover needs to be you are done being able to accurately place shots at longer distance. Without mil dots or some other reference points in the reticle you wont know how much to hold over. If the reticle still had mil dots or other subtensions you could still effectively range animals and use holdover or dial the turret in the event the range finder quits or the scope quits lighting up. Plus like Glem.Chally said you are still doing everything you have to do with a traditional scope and rangefinder to make shots plus hoping the rangefinder and scope work correctly every time. We all know how completely reliable bluetooth and apps work lol. How many times has an app froze or bluetooth disconnects on your phone? Imagine that happening on your hunt. Its way to easy to just use a rangefinder and dope card. If my range finder dies in the field I just use my scopes reticle to range. Thats my opinion and for the people who want to use it go for it I never said not to just that its not for me when I can already do what this scope and rangefinder due thru Bluetooth.

"lol do other peoples opinions offend you?"
No, not at all. It just gets on my nerve how they "share" their opinion. What you did is like going to a Formula 1 race, and tell everyone that you like NASCAR better.

"Nope never said that about a computer I have been using them since I was a kid."
Good for you.

"First I dont see anything in the reticle that allows the shooter to use holdover in the event the electronics or batteries fail."
Weak argument, as you can say this about any electronic device out there.
Joe: "So, are you going to get the new Galaxy Note 9?"
You: "NO. I don't see anything on the phone that allows the user to make calls in the event the electronics or battery fail."

Anyhow, you must have not looked at the PMR Smart Rifle Scope then!? It has a "traditional" reticle, so even if all the electronics fail, you can still use the scope.

"Second issue and kinda tied to the first is what do you do if the range finder or scope stops working?"
1. The same thing you do when your range finder stops working. I guess.
2. I don't know? It never happened to me. Every single product I own, never stopped working. Ever. That is why I bought them. I mean, why would I ever buy anything that might stop working? So I don't know. But you know what, let me ask my friends real quick what they do, when their stuff stops working... Here we go: Change the batteries, Bring it back to the store, Call a repair guy, Fix it yourself, Throw it away, Buy another one, Borrow another one from your friend, Add some gas... Guess what!? One of those solutions might get it to work again.

"What if the batteries die and you forgot to bring extras?"
Again, I have no idea. I do not buy products that require batteries in case they die and I forget to bring extras. 

"What if one or both go haywire and stop communicating thru bluetooth?"
I call 911. Of course. 

"If the rangefinder stops working or the scope stops showing where the holdover needs to be you are done being able to accurately place shots at longer distance."
If your phone stops working or your car runs out of gas are you able to call your dentist and tell him you are going to be late? Are you going to remember his number? 

"Without mil dots or some other reference points in the reticle you wont know how much to hold over. If the reticle still had mil dots or other subtensions you could still effectively range animals and use holdover or dial the turret in the event the range finder quits or the scope quits lighting up..."
We covered this already didn't we!?

"Plus like Glem.Chally said you are still doing everything you have to do with a traditional scope and rangefinder to make shots plus ... blah blah blah"
Plus, you are missing the point. The whole time. 

Here is something for you to think about: Why are you driving a car with automatic transmission? What if you need a bump-start!? Ah, you can't. So why are you still driving automatic? I guess all the "but but but what if it stops working" bullpoop doesn't apply to you!?

Do me a favor. Head over to the "accuracy" tab and leave me some negative feedback. Then go and tell all your friends to do the same. Please. After that, do not bother leaving another reply, because I am not going to bother reading it. 

Kmd

p.s. I am heading over to the accuracy tab right now...

The last post really broke the camel's back. I really don't know what motivates people to come and "piss" on someone's parade?
If you have something productive to say, go ahead. But is it really necessary, to come in here, act like using something that runs on batteries, is the dumbest idea on earth?!

Really?

Thanks,

Kmd

p.s. Unsubscribed. 

p.p.s. This is the same sh*t that happened when I asked how low I can go (FPS) with my Bobcat Mk2, and that old fool told me to just go and get a springer? Really?! I guess so.

"kmd1984"
"Macros"Seems very similar to the Burris Eliminator 3. Minus the inbuilt rangefinder, with a Bluetooth external one instead.
These sort of scopes usually give up a lot in glass quality. Time will tell with this one...
Parallax is a mystery, as you said...
I would have gotten the Burris Eliminator 3 a looong time ago, but the minimum parallax is 50 yards, so pretty "useless" for air gunning.
Have you seen the PMR Smart Rifle Scope? Looks really nice too. I could live with not having a build-in laser range finder. However, same issue, minimum parallax is 50 yards as well. I just hope the Sig Sauer has a parallax as low as 10 yards.
I know nothing about the quality of the glass, on any of them. : )
Kmd
Had heard of, but completely forgotten about that one.
Pity so many manufacturers stick to the stupid 50yd parallax... It knocks so many good scopes out of the equation.
I'm sure the sig will have better glass than the Burris. The eliminator is by all accounts terrible for the price 

Kmd if people posting opinions and not agreeing with you bother you then dont get on forums. If nobody has any different ideas or experiences a forum would be pretty empty and boring but I guess thats how you would like it. I didnt piss on anyones opinions only you did. I gave my opinion about having to completely rely on an electronic device to put meat on my table. You must not understand the difference between this scope and other scopes that have ranging reticles. If my rangefinder dies my scopes still function as a rangefinder. 

”p.s. I am heading over to the accuracy tab right now…”
Oh no not the accuracy tab! Lol go cry some more.