• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Issue with RAW Reg

I don't have a gauge unfortunately. The reg was previously at about 90 - 100 Bar, based on shooting over a Chrony and watching the speed drop. Each time I adjusted the reg, I filled the gun up to 120 bar and shot it until I saw a consistent drop in speed. The first 2 times I turned the nut 1/2 turn CW (while holding the inner hex hey still and not turning the stack) and saw a drop in speed at the same point - at about 90 - 100 Bar.

I just tightened the reg nut a full 1/2 turn CW, and still didn't see a change. Something is definitely wrong???

7C0DD320-8884-4BAA-94D6-E3F83820EE91.png

These supposedly fit TM, HM & HMx.....not positive but hopefully someone that KNOWS will chime in.....

Reactions: Gear_Junkie
The drop in speed for each string of 50 - 60 shots was only about 10 - 20 fps, from the original reg setting to 1-1/2 addtl turns CW. Also, the string in every case would not start to drop until around 90 bar. This leads me to believe that the reg isn't adjusting like it's supposed to. Does a new reg set point need to settle in?
I believe every time one changes reg or HS tensions they need a little time to "settle" as it changes the springs/washers physical dymanics, but, not too long as they have been broken in already..

I think if you made a 1/2 turn total you might be above a 120 bar and how do you know what exactly it's starting to drop off at if you don't have a gauge just by going by bottle pressure ? If you only filled to 120 bar and your above that you wouldn't know it would be just using air off the reg just a thought it should be adjusting try filling bottle all the way up and see if anything changes right away

Thanks for the additional help and ideas. I have some new things I want to try, but am now looking at a week of rain where I can't Chrony test... My old school F1 needs A LOT of light. I thought I was going to have part of the day to continue testing... but the rain decided to come in early... I guess I shouldn't complain about this since we need the water so bad :rolleyes: